Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#47152 - 07/08/03 09:33 PM Music Mode Problems
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
Since nobody goes into the M200 forum and I do own a 950 as well. I thought it would be OK to post this here.

I just got this Brand New M200 and was getting it setup. It sounds good, runs cool, but the music mode does not work. The unit just says on. I am not sure if I will send it back for repair as I use the 12vdc trigger anyway via the 950. It does make me wonder if I got a bad unit and there are other things that are or will go wrong. What would you do?
------------------
I would also like to see more pictures of the M200 on the Outlaw web site. A picture of the inside and back connections would be nice.

------------------
MeanGene's Home

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#47153 - 07/08/03 10:02 PM Re: Music Mode Problems
bestbang4thebuck Offline
Desperado

Loc: Maryland
I do not own an M200 (I chose 1 x 770 instead of 7 x M200) but if I understand correctly, 'music mode' is looking for an incoming signal in order to turn on or stay on.

Have you tried connecting the M200 to the loudspeaker without anything connected to the input while in the music mode? Does it either turn on or stay on 'endlessly' with zero input? If so, likely it’s time to trade that M200 in for a replacement.

If it does turn off with no input connected, but doesn't turn off when connected to the preamp, there may be signal at an inaudible frequency due to some stray RF, or even a minor DC level difference due to a very minor ground loop problem that does not necessarily noticeably interfere with audible frequencies.

Hopefully we’ll read soon that the problem was remedied.

#47154 - 07/08/03 10:48 PM Re: Music Mode Problems
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by bestbang4thebuck:
Have you tried connecting the M200 to the loudspeaker without anything connected to the input while in the music mode? Does it either turn on or stay on 'endlessly' with zero input? If so, likely it’s time to trade that M200 in for a replacement.

It does not turn off with the input disconnected.

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

Who's Online
0 registered (), 112 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts