Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#47115 - 06/29/03 12:18 AM Reset to Default or Original Settings
OFCCM Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hueytown, Al. 35023
I was wondering if this is a problem with the 950. My Newcastle Processor drives me crazy by either losing its memory or scrambling the settings. At least it has an easy reset button to default and I have gotten really good at putting my settings back in with just a few minutes time. I know the Power in my area has gotten bad, but I have the Newcastle hooked up to a Line Stabilizer and Conditioner and still have the problem. I feel the fault is in the Newcastle but wanted to see if anyone has this problem with the Outlaw before I make a purchase. The Newcastle has been checked out by the factory service center and they cannot find a problem with the unit.

#47116 - 06/29/03 12:25 AM Re: Reset to Default or Original Settings
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
If you are talking about during a power failure, the only things I notice being lost is the display brightness setting. Everything else stays as it was.

#47117 - 06/29/03 01:52 AM Re: Reset to Default or Original Settings
OFCCM Offline
Gunslinger

Soundhound,

I lose it during power failures, brownouts, and sometimes for unknown reasons. Also will lose settings when it is standby mode as well as if it is turned off with switch for any length of time. There is not a rhyme or reason to it. It may go for months without a problem and then in a weeks period it may reset 10 times. I have been through it myself, had it in to factory rep., and tried about everything. I am to the point of giviing up but as this was my first venture in HT processors after all my years in this hobby I want to make sure it does not apply to Outlaw.

#47118 - 06/29/03 03:23 AM Re: Reset to Default or Original Settings
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
If it has a "CMOS" battery (or equivalent), maybe that's the problem... Or, a faulty EEPROM storage area for those settings... ??

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#47119 - 06/30/03 02:30 AM Re: Reset to Default or Original Settings
OFCCM Offline
Gunslinger

Kevin,

No COSMOS Battery to my knowledge, EEPROM Checked out. I have made up my mind I am selling or trading the Newcastle. I am just to close to getting my new HT system in place to keep messing around. I am getting an Outlaw 950 and probably a 200 for center power. I would like to wait until my Subwoofer gets back from Adire and set everything up at once (first one sounded great but UPS smashed it on trip over). Finally I will have a decent HT set up to go along with my 2 channel system (all in the same room). I have the Meadowlark Shearwater Hot Rods for main speakers, The Meadowlark Petrel for center, sitting about 20 " off the floor. The Meadowlark Kestrel Hot Rods for sides, and the Adire Daeva 15" sealed subwoofer. I will be using Sonic Frontiers Mono Blocks Tube Amps and Anthem Hybrid tube AMP 2 for mains, and Anthem MCA 3 for rears, with a Carver 5 channel for reserve. SACD should be great. Movies improved. Right now I will continue to use my Anthem Pre2L with theater loop for a preamp and EAR 834P for phono stage for vinyl (still have 5000 albums), but I plan to sell those and get either a VTL 5.5 or a Rogue 99 with HT loop and a phono stage. Unless I get the bug and go back to a Sota Cosmos TT (I still miss it and regret selling it), then I am through for at least 3 or 4 years. I would like to be totally out of Anthem by the end of the summer due to personal reasons. They make great gear, but I am going a different route. I will keep my SF mono Blocks unless I get a great offer and can pick up some Rogue, VAC or others in mono blocks.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 128 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts