Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#46470 - 05/07/03 11:35 AM Red, Blue Dot? B-Stock Units?
NBStwoABQ Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Albuquerque
A little trivia quiz first…… What is the most popular question concerning “color” that is asked in New Mexico? What are the colors and where is the question usually asked?
;-)

Ok………new Outlaw here…… just bought the 950/770 combo. The 950 is B-stock.

The questions

Red dot Vs Blue dot comparison. And what color dot are the B-stocks? And where is the dot located?

Thanks…….. can’t wait until tomorrow when my units arrive……. Tick, tock, tick, tock……darn, the minute hand hasn’t moved at all…….tick, tock, tick, tock……..

------------------
"In Search Of The Lost Cord"

#46471 - 05/07/03 12:37 PM Re: Red, Blue Dot? B-Stock Units?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Ah, the 950 "dot saga"... The dot is located next to the serial number when it is present. I'd have to verify with Outlaw, but my understanding is that all units currently shipping (including B-stock) are the "blue dot" version of the 950. They will also contain the latest software updates (DTS-ES bug). Because they are not replacements for existing "pre-blue dot" units, however, they will likely not include the dot identifier.

But why all the dots? First, there were the spring 2002 950's, shipped before the hiss issue really arrived. Then the shipping stopped for most of the summer of 2002 while Outlaw worked to solve the hiss problem, and when it resumed in August or so of 2002 the people with spring units and a hiss problem were given replacement "red dot" units (original production units with the changes made after they left the factory, identified by a red dot sticker next to the serial number). All new units shipped after the red dot changes were finalized were the same as the "red dot" replacement units, but they didn't get red dots. The blue dot came about because some people still had hiss problems with the "red dot" incarnation. Again, existing owners who received replacement units to resolve hiss problems got units marked with a blue dot sticker next to the serial number, while any units shipped for new orders went out without any sticker at all.

tick-tock, tick-tock, ...

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#46472 - 05/07/03 04:05 PM Re: Red, Blue Dot? B-Stock Units?
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Gonk- You are correct, sir!

Was in the newsletter. All B-stock 950's are the latest and greatest: blue dot (equiv) and with the DTS-ES LFE fix.

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#46473 - 05/07/03 04:13 PM Re: Red, Blue Dot? B-Stock Units?
NBStwoABQ Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

.......lol...... I am soooooooo confused..... ;-) I thought the "hiss" issue was fixed the first time around....mmmmmmm...... one of the reasons I just was waiting around for awhile...... I was "out on the range" (traveling sales fool) and just put buying anything new and missed the resurrection of the hiss issue (maybe the outlaws can hire Buffy (since she is/will be out of a job soon...... to drive a stake into the hiss problem).......

Anyway I will give a good listen to the unit(s) when they get here.......tic toc, tic toc....... "Are they here yet?" lol...... guess I won't get much done tomorrow.....

Thanks for reply.....

Kevin

------------------

#46474 - 05/08/03 01:15 PM Re: Red, Blue Dot? B-Stock Units?
NBStwoABQ Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

God Bless the man in the brown truck ;-)

Just FYI...... My "B-Stock" 950 (which has little or no wear out of the box) is "Blue" dot unit.......

Now to check for hiss........

------------------

#46475 - 05/08/03 04:41 PM Re: Red, Blue Dot? B-Stock Units?
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
The blue dot (era) unit is the latest model, and shouldn't exhibit any hiss. Enjoy!

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 138 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,692 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM