Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#46314 - 04/12/03 04:42 AM Quick 2 channel Stereo Question
Cain Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: South Carolina
If I play a CD on my 950 in two channel stereo mode, does it cross over my sub at 80 Hz, and only send above 80 to my speakers and below 80 to my sub ?

Or does it send a full range audio signal to my Left and Right and then also send a full range signal to my sub??

I seem to have too much bass with 2 channel stereo on the analog CD setup.

Thanks for any info,

-- Cain

#46315 - 04/12/03 07:42 AM Re: Quick 2 channel Stereo Question
DollarBill Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Durham, CT
Quote:
Originally posted by Cain:
If I play a CD on my 950 in two channel stereo mode, does it cross over my sub at 80 Hz, and only send above 80 to my speakers and below 80 to my sub ?

Or does it send a full range audio signal to my Left and Right and then also send a full range signal to my sub??

If your cd player is hooked up to the 6 channel analog inputs, you get the 80 hz crossover setup and the answer depends on if the switch on the back is on or off. "On" gives your mains 80 hz and above (based on the crossover slope) and "Off" gives your mains full range. In both cases, your sub gets 80 Hz and below.

If your player is hooked up to a digital input or a stereo analog input, you get the bass management defined by you in the speaker setup menu.

The last option is selecting the stereo bypass which will send full range to your mains. I think this option is only available for stereo analog.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts