Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#45938 - 03/26/03 09:19 PM Rack mounting the 950
rghinton Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Green Bay, WI USA
Just a note to let everyone know that I have ordered and received from my local dealer the "Middle Atlantic Products Inc." rack adapter for the Outlaw 950. I wish that Outlaw would make a 19" rackmount version of the 950. The Sherbourn PT-7000's front panel extends beyond the left and right side of the chassis (unlike the Outlaw 950). There are tapped holes on the back of the front panel for attaching their optional rack mount ears. Very Cool. Anyway the "Middle Atlantic Products Inc." rack adapter is probably the best that can be done for the Outlaw 950. It consists of a rackmount shelf and a front panel with a cutout for the facepanel of the Outlaw 950. I ordered the "clamp version" which includes two upper brackets with rubber bumpers to clamp the 950 so that it does not move when cables are plugged into the back. My 950 looks very nice in this rack mount adapter though I would very much prefer to have a 950 with a faceplate like the Sherbourn. The "Middle Atlantic Products Inc." rackmount, shelf, faceplate with the cutout for the Outlaw 950, and clamp option is model number "RSH4A4R-C Outlaw #950". That said - I am happy with my Outlaw 950 and am anxious to have the eprom upgraded. By the way, what is the status on the upgrade to fix the LFE DTS-ES problem?

#45939 - 03/27/03 12:12 AM Re: Rack mounting the 950
TCIII Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Torrance, CA, USA
Hi
I was thinking about making my own rack mount out of Middle Atlantic rack components, but if the custom rack mount is reasonable I might consider going that way. Who did you buy it from and, if you don't mind saying, how much did it set you back?
Regards,
TCIII

[This message has been edited by TCIII (edited March 27, 2003).]

#45940 - 03/27/03 12:08 PM Re: Rack mounting the 950
rghinton Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Green Bay, WI USA
"Middle Atlantic Products, Inc." only sells through authorized dealers. Their contact information may be found on their web site at: http://www.middleatlantic.com/ If you would like to order from my local dealer you could send me an email and I will give you his contact information and I will tell you what the rack mount adapter with the clamp option for the 950 costs. Good Luck, Reed

#45941 - 03/27/03 09:28 PM Re: Rack mounting the 950
TCIII Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Torrance, CA, USA
Hi Reed
Thanks for the response. I went to the Middle Atlantic website and checked out their rack mount adaptors. I found that Markertek, an authorized Middle Atlantic reseller, has the rack mount adaptors for the Outlaw 950. Since each one is custom built depending on its use, I will have to call them for a price quote and delivery schedule.
Regards,
Tom

Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts