Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#44287 - 01/10/03 10:01 AM ProntoNEO
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
I have the Pronto NEO. I am thinking of returning it. But, before I do, Does anyone have codes to make the Pronto NEO work with the 950? The NEO is incapable of learning from the 950.

------------------
MeanGene's Home

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#44288 - 01/10/03 10:22 AM Re: ProntoNEO
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
I don't have a file but perhaps you can use the Pronto2Neo Converter to convert these files .

[This message has been edited by desperado (edited January 10, 2003).]

#44289 - 01/10/03 11:20 AM Re: ProntoNEO
kadyquil2 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

After working for two hours I got the Neo
to learn the volumn and off switch.

#44290 - 01/10/03 11:36 AM Re: ProntoNEO
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
I have the Pronto Neo too and haven't really had problems teaching it commands. I don't have a 950, but I did have to teach it all the digital cable commands. I'm still trying figuring out what buttons to assign the commands to.

MeanGene, are you trying to find a programmed code to enter so that the Neo will know all the 950 buttons? I'm not sure if it's there. Most likely you will need to enter each button individually.

#44291 - 01/10/03 02:20 PM Re: ProntoNEO
kadyquil2 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Entering codes on the neo is as easy as any
other remote. but for some reason the 950's codes aren't accepted by neo.

#44292 - 01/10/03 02:41 PM Re: ProntoNEO
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by kadyquil2:
Entering codes on the neo is as easy as any
other remote. but for some reason the 950's codes aren't accepted by neo.

Well if you go to RemoteCentral there are many complaints with regard to the NEO learning commands from most anything.

------------------
MeanGene's Home

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#44293 - 01/11/03 03:26 PM Re: ProntoNEO
minuteman Offline
Gunslinger

Sorry about the Neo. If you are going to try another remote, I have just started using the new Home Theater Master MX 500 I found in my stocking, and programed the 950 in nothing flat. So far, there doesn't seem to be anything the MX500 won't do, and do very well.

#44294 - 01/11/03 05:41 PM Re: ProntoNEO
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

The problem with the NeO is that it will not learn the DVD, CD, AUD, SAT, etc., buttons. Which means that no matter what device you choose with the NeO, the 950 never switches to those devices. The NeO is poor at learning from other remotes not just the 950. The NeO is kind of neat in that you can customize the buttons to say what ever you want, but for a $150-$200 remote, it is just not worth the aggravation. I mean, the purpose of spending that much money for a remote is to SAVE you time and aggravation.

Now, if you want to make the buttons work the 950 you will have to use files made for other Pronto remotes as there are no ncf files available. The ccf files (Pronto Plus and up files) NeO files have the ncf extension. You need to load the editor for the Pronto (ProntoEdit), which does not work with the NeO. Then you open the ccf file with ProntoEdit and copy and paste every code from that into NeOHacker (Don't forget to install Java Runtime). Then from NeoHacker you can copy the files from there into your NeOEdit software where it may or may not work. Gee, see how simple it is. Of course this is only a brief summary. You will have to read many documents, written in poor english (if available) to try and grasp what you need to do. On the other hand if everything you have is coded into the NeO, it will probably work great.

Other things I don't like about it:

It is kind of light and bulking at the same time which gives it a cheap feel.

You can't Customize the look of the Device Display (The first you see) without the use of third party software.

When you download a configuration to the NeO some things are not saved, like time, date, probably others.

It's terrible at learning from other remotes.

Eats batteries.

And if you don't agree with some of this, go to RemoteCentral and read the comments from others. They say the same thing too much of the time.

Just say N O (e)

I was suprised, at first, to find a UPS PadPak return pouch that shipped with the NeO remote. Now I know why. I have written BlueDo, and will exchange it for the MX 500.
------------------
MeanGene's Home

[This message has been edited by MeanGene (edited January 14, 2003).]

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#44295 - 01/18/03 12:14 PM Re: ProntoNEO
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by minuteman:
Sorry about the Neo. If you are going to try another remote, I have just started using the new Home Theater Master MX 500 I found in my stocking, and programed the 950 in nothing flat. So far, there doesn't seem to be anything the MX500 won't do, and do very well.

A little time has passed and I wondered if you are still happy with the MX500. I think I am going to order one, but I wanted to make sure that you were happy with yours.

One person mentioned that he liked the fact that when you press a device with the MX500 the 950 does not turn on. Have you messed with discret codes for the power buttons?

------------------
MeanGene's Home

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#44296 - 01/18/03 12:47 PM Re: ProntoNEO
tofufot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ann Arbor
Meangene,
It's true that pressing a device button on the MX-500 won't automatically turn the 950 on as the 950's remote does. On the other hand, you need a JP1 compatible remote and cable to program discrete codes since they don't exist on the 950 remote (or most other device OEM remotes for that matter) and therefore can't be taught to the MX-500 from the 950 remote.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 203 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts