kadyquil2 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Has anyone been able to program any pronto
remote with outlaw audio 950 commands? The neo does not recrd the commands

#44876 - 01/30/03 02:18 PM Re: Pronto Remotes
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
People have had success with the Prontos (one of the beta testers, RAF, uses a Pronto), and there are Pronto config files available online for the 950 and the 1050 (see this page for Pronto codes for Outlaw gear, or this one for three Model 950 files). As you probably already know from this thread , the NEO has proven somewhat more problematic for . Has anyone tried desperado's suggestion of using the Pronto2NEO converter on some of the Pronto 950 configs? It sounded like MeanGene may have done so (I think he got everything except the device/input buttons to learn, and had at least been looking at using Pronto2NEO to perhaps get those comments), but I think he returned his NEO for an MX500.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#44877 - 01/30/03 02:20 PM Re: Pronto Remotes
zakman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: East Bernard, TX USA
I got the ts2000 to work no problem. There are others on the board that use the neo, so you may be able to get some codes from them. BTW, check www.remotecentral.com for pronto codes. (Mine is posted there as well!)

#44878 - 02/01/03 02:40 PM Re: Pronto Remotes
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
It sounded like MeanGene may have done so (I think he got everything except the device/input buttons to learn, and had at least been looking at using Pronto2NEO to perhaps get those comments), but I think he returned his NEO for an MX500.

I sent the NEO back for a number of reasons, here by priority: 1) It has a very, very difficult time learning from anything. 2) It has a bulky, cheap feel in your hand. 3) It would not learn critical functions from the SL9000, see #1. 4) My first touch screen and I didn't like it. I prefer hard buttons, at least now I know.

I spent hours holding the Outlaw/NEO remotes in my lap, on a flat surface, in the bathroom with the light off - Talk about WAF, she was starting to get worried or jealous, I am not sure. The light would blink, then tell me it failed.

I got the MX500 and it learned every command the first time. It has never balked at any learning from anything I could throw at it, that's the difference.

I really wanted to be able to program/save the remote functions with the computer, but I just don't want to spend the $499.00 on the MX700. Now I have found IRC Clone Which will eventually give me what I want.

As for the conversion programs, they seemed to be setup for the other, more expensive remotes, the NEO is the "step child" of Prontos and there is little support other than everybody who has one complaning about theirs.

------------------
MeanGene's Home

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

Who's Online
0 registered (), 164 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts