Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#43388 - 12/19/02 12:13 PM ADCOM GTP 750
gkndj2000 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Agua Dulce, CA, USA
I currently have a Adcom GTP 750 preamp that is only a year old, but it doesn't have a seperate input for DVD/Audio. Bummed; thinking about going with the 950 but, don't know if I'm stepping down in quality. Can I use what I've got some other way? I'm happy with the sound of the Adcom but feel limited. Anyone with 2 cents I'd be happy to hear from. Especially if someone else has had the GTP750...Cheers

#43389 - 12/19/02 02:36 PM Re: ADCOM GTP 750
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
If all you want is a 5.1 analog input, one option is to look for a used Sony TA-P9000 (an analog multi-channel pre-amp developed by Sony to complement their TA-E9000 processor, which lacked a 5.1 input) -- it has several 5.1 analog inputs, including a bypass, and can be set up between a processor and amp (for processors without 5.1 analog inputs) or before a processor with a single 5.1 analog input as a 5.1 switch.

If you are considering replacing the GTP 750 with the Outlaw, you will be getting a number of additional features (more flexible bass management, more DSP modes like Pro Logic II, DD EX, and DTS ES, the 5.1 analog input, and component video switching) and a unit that is sonically very good. You would lose the RF digital input (which you would need if you still use a LaserDisc player with digital output) and the headphone jack. I don't know if you would be losing any quality at all (it may be a step up), but I don't have first-hand experience with Adcom gear to say for sure what differences exist between the two sonically. Somebody around here may be able to offer more on that.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

Who's Online
0 registered (), 101 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM