Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#40689 - 10/11/02 10:20 AM surround defaults
ews Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: akron, ohio usa
I have my dvd player connected to coaxial 1 on my 950 and then set my default to DD EX. Does this mean that if I play a dvd such as Monsters, Inc. with a DD EX track the 950 will automatically set to DD EX? I did have it set at DD and according to the manualif I am reading correctly, the 950 should read the flag and automatically swith to the mode on the disc by reading the flag. My 950 doesn't seem to do this. Even after I set the default to DD EX and then put Phantom Menace in and selected the EX track in the dvd menu, when the dvd started to play, my mode on the front panel read Dolby d. I had to select DD EX manually using the source button in the Mode menu to get it to play. Also, should all the surround modes come up on the display when you cycle through them with the source button? What I mean is when a DD movie is playing and you hit the source button, will the DTS and DTS EX modes show up? I thought that as long as you have a digital input selected, you would see all modes available, in the order that they are in on pg. 23 of the manual, when you scroll through them. Still learning about this fine machine and would appreciate any help or suggestions. I hope this isn't something that would force me to send it back for a replacement.

#40690 - 10/11/02 07:56 PM Re: surround defaults
Dan Hitchman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fort Collins, CO USA
Most DD EX DVDs do not have any flag whatsoever and you do have to manually switch it.

DTS-ES matrix tracks usually do have a flag, and all DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 tracks HAVE to have a flag.

Dan

Who's Online
0 registered (), 75 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts