Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#39120 - 09/04/02 09:16 PM I give up!!!!
Dissappointed Outlaw cust Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Minneapolis, MN. USA
Sorry guys ... but my faith in Outlaw Audio has gone. I have been waiting for several months for my 950 ... and have yet to get an answer as to where it is. Problem after problem have taken my business elsewhere ... I have just purchased a Sunfire Theater Grand III. I had really hoped a company would have come about that offered a great product at a good price. What I learned ... was just the opposite ... good things aren't cheap .. and cheap things aren't good.

Outlaw Audio has taught me one thing ... beware of misleading information and lies. And more then anything ... DON'T buy through the INTERNET. For years ... I have read about being aware of internet frauds ... and have finally found this advice to be true. Needless to say .... I will NEVER purchase any audio equipment through ANY internet company in the future!!!

I am canceling my subscriptions to any and all magazines that reviewed your products. Obviously ... they were given units that didn't adhere to the policies that the normal "Joe" would follow to get you products (and ... that work) and don't understand what Outlaw Audio is about.

I hope my staying away from publications that have mislead me into believing Outlaw Audio was a legitiment business and hope they understand my extreme disappointment and lack of following their advice in the future! Once again ... you get what you pay for. My biggest disappointment is that I actually waited for you people this long. My fault. A Good lesson learned.

Jeff Hubbard

Ps. I will be forwarding this E-mail to all of my subscriptions for Audio magazine and any forums on the above subject I can find.

Outlaw Audio is a true disappointment and an insult to the Audio industry! You are what every "brick and mortar" retailer is warning us about ... you are an insult to the industry!

#39121 - 09/04/02 10:07 PM Re: I give up!!!!
MikeLM Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
Wait can be painful, I can acknowledge that, but hey, it's not like you actually paid for the product and never received anything. That would be fraud. But this? Come on!

Taking the time to fix things is the right thing to do. We can't blame Outlaw for that.

Once this story will be part of history, everything should run like with the other Outlaw products. And what I understand is that it should be smooth. Ok, maybe a few defective units from time to time, but they will be replaced anyway.

I'm currently not an Outlaw customer and I still don't know if I ever will... I'm still waiting for the 7100 news.

BUT IN ANY CASES, IT'S MY CHOICE TO WAIT.

#39122 - 09/04/02 10:13 PM Re: I give up!!!!
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Quote:
true disappointment and an insult to the Audio industry!

From my past experiences with this industry Outlaw is a breath of fresh air. They are the sole reason that this female decided this mixed up messy hobby warranted a learning curve by myself. I sensed a company I could do business with. Numerous clients have enjoyed the advantages of the particularly advantageous niche the Outlaws offering of the ICBM filled, when it premiered. Many have had countless hours of enjoyment from their 1050’s at an incredible bargain as stacked against its previously equivalent compatriots at its debut.
I will shortly own two 950’s if I can talk my husband into the expenditure.

I do not want to make light of the ‘wait’ those have had, - who have not been as lucky as myself in the shipping cue. But I have surfed this sport and if you dig exclusively in the semiconductor industry and deeper, it is not at all uncommon for a launch of a slated project to have stumbling blocks and take 2 years to market fruition. It is normally not information the purchaser in A/V is privy to. Outlaws sole pipeline of Internet sales makes this a necessary evil for this co. target marketing strategies.

I’m sorry if I sound abrupt but I just spent 6,000. dollars with Sony and can’t get the time of day out of their tech line. Outlaw has treated me like I matter for a smaller expenditure out of my pocket towards theirs.
This is rare and it ‘buys’ me.
I don’t let the ‘Rags’ decide my purchases, if I use them, its as a tool, a base line calibration to start from entered into far broader and wider range of calculations and perspectives, part of a ‘data base’ if you please. I don’t trust many movie reviewers either.

#39123 - 09/04/02 10:44 PM Re: I give up!!!!
steves Offline
Desperado

Loc: Oregon
Gees, Jeff, maybe you better cancel your subscription to Better Homes and Gardens and Guns & Ammo while your'e at it- and don't forget to email the Governor and your Congressman- I'm sure they'll want to know about this too!

#39124 - 09/04/02 10:50 PM Re: I give up!!!!
Scott Offline
Desperado

Dear Jeff,

I am truly sorry to read of your disappointment. While I can understand your frustrations and your choice not to purchase our products, I hope that I can provide some insight as to what we are truly about. Outlaw Audio was created as a means to offer high quality audio products at affordable prices. We chose the Internet as a means to that end. Our first three products the Model 750, the Model 1050 and the ICBM have been well received by both audio enthusiasts and the press. During that time, we have created and maintained a reputation not only for our dedication to offering the very best value in the industry, but also our commitment to offering the very best customer service in the industry.

Bringing the 950 to shipping status has been a long and arduous process. During that time we experienced a roller coaster of ups and downs. Through it all, we worked to provide real and meaningful updates in our monthly Newsletters, and offered occasional updates sent out periodically to our electronic mailing list. In addition we have provided a forum, the Outlaw Saloon, for our customers and potential customers to discuss our products and our commitment to customer service.

Again, I am truly sorry to hear that we were unable to ship the Model 950 in time for your needs. As much as our customers have anticipated and waited for this product, no one is more disappointed in the delays than the Outlaws.

That said, the Sunfire Theater Grand is a superb processor and will surely provide you many years of wonderful service. I hope that someday you will reconsider your thoughts surrounding both the industry magazines as well as the Internet business model.

Thanks and regards,

Scott

#39125 - 09/04/02 11:27 PM Re: I give up!!!!
mojoman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hey Jeff, you have a Sunfire Theater Grand III, I'd love to have one of those. I don't know why you're so bitter towards the Outlaws. A lot of us have been waiting a long time but the last time I checked, the Outlaws hadn't taken any of my money and they weren't forcing me to wait.

To bad you've given up on Internet companies, there are a lot of very good companies out there selling some great products that offer high value and superior performance. As an additional sdie benefit, most offer superior customer service. Most of my audio system consist of products I purchased from internet companies and auditioned in my own home. If I didn't like something, I returned it for a refund, no questions asked. Actually, some questions have been asked but mostly by the owners of the companies trying to understand how they might make their products better. If you're more comfortable buying from the B&Ms that's fine too but don't let this bitterness consume you, life's too short. Enjoy your new processor.

-bill

#39126 - 09/04/02 11:43 PM Re: I give up!!!!
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
Quote:
maybe you better cancel your subscription to Better Homes and Gardens and Guns & Ammo while your'e at it-
Yeah, the magazine thing was really over the top. Talk about taking it personally.

Sanjay

#39127 - 09/05/02 01:43 AM Re: I give up!!!!
Will Offline
Desperado

Loc: LA's The Place
Don't give the guy a hard time. People get tired of waiting, after a while. Life is short. Last week another person on the forum announced he bought the HK AVR320 with Logic 7 to use as a pre/pro with. Before that a different person bought the Aragon Soundstage. And a lot of people bought the Rotel 1066.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited September 05, 2002).]

#39128 - 09/05/02 01:53 AM Re: I give up!!!!
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
If I coulda afforded the Sunfire Theater Grand III, I personally would have gotten an Anthem instead.

But I can wait a little longer for the 950...

I hope they are shipping again by ... CEDIA. Or sooner:

http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/ubb/Forum15/HTML/000481.html

[This message has been edited by Kevin C Brown (edited September 05, 2002).]

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#39129 - 09/05/02 03:22 AM Re: I give up!!!!
Iggy The Dog Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: The Dog House
Jeff:

Maybe we all missed something, but did the Outlaws take money from you can not deliver a product? Did they twist your arm and force you not to buy something else? Did they take away all your credit cards along with your car keys so that you couldn't drive to the store of your choice at any time to buy whatever you please?

Who are those "...any and all magazines" that have reviwed the Model 950? Only one magazine has done that to date because we can only presume that the Outlaws stopped production and shipments. By the way, if you look back to the OTHER Outlaw products, they were only reviewed AFTER the first shipments appeared. (Or didn't you take note of that?) Of course, taking this out on the magazines makes perfect sense, right?

Enjoy your new Sunfire -- if you had read the Outlaw Newsletters over the past few months, you would have seen them say that those who couldn't wait should buy something else.

Finally, if you are so mad at the Outlaws, can you name a B&M outlet -- or indeed, any other Internet based merchant that would actually allow someone to post as strong a message against them as you have doen right here in the Outlaw's own forum?

Yeah, they really are awful guys.

ARF ARF from Iggy the Dog

ARF, ARF says Iggy

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 182 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts