Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#37602 - 06/20/02 11:52 PM 950 Status E-mail Update
MixFixJ Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vista, CA USA
I've just received an e-mail from the Outlaws concerning the 'hiss'situation, and their current efforts to resolve the issue. I'm sure that many of these e-mails are going out right now, but I just wanted to publically state my appreciation to the Outlaws for taking the time to communicate with a customer,(me), during what must be a hectic time for them.
Thanks Outlaws, keep up the good work.
Mix

#37603 - 06/21/02 12:05 AM Re: 950 Status E-mail Update
ralittle2 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally posted by MixFixJ:
I've just received an e-mail from the Outlaws concerning the 'hiss'situation, and their current efforts to resolve the issue. I'm sure that many of these e-mails are going out right now, but I just wanted to publically state my appreciation to the Outlaws for taking the time to communicate with a customer,(me), during what must be a hectic time for them.
Thanks Outlaws, keep up the good work.
Mix

Are you a current owner of a 950 or on the waiting list?

#37604 - 06/21/02 12:10 AM Re: 950 Status E-mail Update
MixFixJ Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vista, CA USA
Hello ra,
I currently own a 1050, and am on the list for a 950.
Mix

#37605 - 06/21/02 12:33 AM Re: 950 Status E-mail Update
brianca Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: austin, tx
For those how don't get these:

Quote:

At this time, it has become obvious that an update is necessary on the status of the 950. While earlier delivery estimates have fallen short, this has never been our intention. However, as you know, shipping of the Model 950 has come to a stop. As you may also know, a small number of units have shipped with an abnormal level of hiss.

The cause of this hiss has become the topic of heavy debate in the Outlaw Saloon as well as in other online forums. It has also become a significant burden to our engineers here in the United States as well as our engineering team in Malaysia. Literally working around the clock we have been able to isolate a few potential causes. Further complicating things is the fact that this problem is confined to a small sample of units making it harder, not easier, to solve. There are many individual factors pertaining to each installation which means a "fix" that works in the lab might not work in the field. The hardware and software engineering required to get to the bottom of things is a very time consuming process. If everyone had the same problem, it would be easy.

The "good news" is, while the reports of problems sometimes seem magnified by postings on the forums, their actual number in proportion to the number of units shipped is very small. The "bad news" is that the small number of samples and the variations in the way in which the problems manifest themselves make the solution harder to reach.

We are continuing to investigate the root cause for this anomaly, and will continue our commitment to resolving this issue for each and every consumer. Since several customers have contacted us regarding a lack of communication regarding both the status of the 950 and our intentions, here is our interim proposal:

· If your 950 exhibits an abnormal level of hiss, please send an e-mail with the serial number of your unit and your name, phone number and address to 950service@outlawaudio.com. We will then send confirmation of your letter. Once a universal fix has been established we will process your request and tell you how to send the unit back to our warehouse and service center. We will arrange for a pick-up by FedEx Ground at our expense, and we will ship a modified unit back to you prepaid.
· The timing for all of this will be worked out with you via e-mail.

Given that anyone who was unhappy with their initial unit has already had the option to return it within the 30-day audition period, we feel that this is a reasonable way to accommodate those who appreciate the sonics and features of the Model 950.

In addition, we will begin to provide more timely updates regarding the status of the product. What we can not do is provide estimates as to when individual units will ship. Calling/e-mailing the Sales and Support office regarding this status will only further hinder our ability to work efficiently at resolving the issue. However, we will continue to encourage any and all contact regarding the operation, use, and/or integration of our equipment.

One last comment. While we have been extremely liberal regarding the use of our Saloon, we have NEVER stopped reading it or any other industry news boards. Due to the roller coaster like nature of the hiss problem we felt it would have done more harm than good to comment in many of the ongoing threads. Giving out information that ultimately proves to be inaccurate only makes the situation worse for everyone. These new, timelier updates will inform you of our continuing progress in dealing with this situation.

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,

The Outlaws

So are they resuming shipping???

brianca

#37606 - 06/21/02 12:39 AM Re: 950 Status E-mail Update
Scott Offline
Desperado

Brianca,

Shipping is temporarily on hold as we work out the hiss issue. However, we will continue to offer updates as new progress is made.

Best,

Scott

#37607 - 06/21/02 12:47 AM Re: 950 Status E-mail Update
werner52 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Bismarck, ND USA
HEAR, HEAR!!! Thanks for the update.

#37608 - 06/21/02 01:16 AM Re: 950 Status E-mail Update
DOBEMAN Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lake Michigan Shoreline, MI
At last an email from Outlaw. Glad to hear that they really are working on the Hiss issue. Hope they get a real fix soon, so new shipments can start again for everyone on the wait list. Just so you know they really have shipped a 950 without a Hiss issue, I know because I have one. Hope you all will be enjoying your own "silent 950" real soon.

#37609 - 06/21/02 01:54 AM Re: 950 Status E-mail Update
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
Way to go Outlaw! Nice to see you again Scott. I don't think you have been around since I've been posting. I was starting to believe you were some sort of Keyser Soze or something

#37610 - 06/21/02 01:59 AM Re: 950 Status E-mail Update
Scott Offline
Desperado

Jed M,

Nope, I was just singing in a barbershop quartet in Skokie, Illinois

I love the ending to that movie!

Best,

Scott

#37611 - 06/21/02 09:44 AM Re: 950 Status E-mail Update
futuraboy Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Pelham, NH USA
Thank you Outlaws!

That mail is exactly what I wanted, and needed to hear. PLEASE, keep your promise of increased communication on the status of the 950.

...Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts