Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#46617 - 05/17/03 04:22 PM Chesky problems
srfdude Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oceanside, CA
Compared to Outlaw customer service, Chesky sucks. Based on advice from this board, I ordered a test disk from Chesky nearly 2 months ago. 2 weeks ago I emailed and asked if they had shipped it, no reply. Waited a week and re-emailed, no reply. It only took them a day to post the charge on my credit card, which I will dispute and the bank will take off. But I wonder why they never replied?
Oh well, anyone have any other recommendations for a multichannel test disk?
Mike

#46618 - 05/17/03 04:24 PM Re: Chesky problems
srfdude Offline
Gunslinger

Hmmm, I came back and saw there were two posts here, spaced 5 min. apart. Not sure why, just the internet gods, I guess.
Mike

#46619 - 05/17/03 04:49 PM Re: Chesky problems
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
You could try calling them. Not an excuse, but with the Denon 2900 just out, and all the confusion about the "low LFE level" it has, maybe Chesky is back ordered some!

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#46620 - 05/17/03 05:44 PM Re: Chesky problems
srfdude Offline
Gunslinger

I may have missed it, Kevin, but I searched the site hi and lo and couldn't find a phone #. Their only contact that I could find is email. Also, they posted about 2 days after I ordered giving a shipping date (40 days ago.) So I have given them every opportunity, I think.
Mike

#46621 - 05/17/03 06:29 PM Re: Chesky problems
tofufot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ann Arbor
I also found the customer service at Chesky left something to be desired. I ordered Kevin's favorite test disc from them, and they promptly charged my credit card twice. When I emailed a complaint they were apologetic and made the correction and said as a token of apology would send a complimentary sampler disc which never arrived. Not wanting to see justice undone, I contacted them to have them send it, which they did. While they did eventually do the right thing, it required extra work on my side, certainly not the proactive help the Outlaws provide.

So, keep bugging Chesky, I'm sure they'll eventually come through.

------------------
Home theater: the hobby the whole family can enjoy - whether they want to or not

#46622 - 05/18/03 07:32 AM Re: Chesky problems
DollarBill Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Durham, CT
Fortunately, I had no problems with them. I ordered it last week and they shipped it this past Wednesday. I guess it's hit or miss.

#46623 - 05/26/03 07:21 PM Re: Chesky problems
BrianL Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Had similar problems when I ordered the test disk last December. E-mailed and got a reply that it was on the way. It wasn't.

I found a phone number on a Chesky DAD I had, and called that. They aplogized, and said the disc was on the way. It wasn't.

Finally, after my 2nd phone call, got a gal on the line that said she handled my order personally. Apologized profusely for the delay. Said she would include a freebie with the test disc.

3rd time was the charm. They included for free a Swing Live DVD-A. Would have rather gotten the disc in December when I ordered it, rather than late February, and would have preferred not to have had to contact them, but they did make good on the order, plus a freebie for my troubles.

Brian

#46624 - 05/28/03 10:58 PM Re: Chesky problems
srfdude Offline
Gunslinger

Well, I did find a ph.# and called. The woman I talked to was very helpful; shipped me a DVD out that day UPS Red label. It was here the next day. So it appears that person-to-person is the only way to go; alls well that ends well.
Mike

#46625 - 05/29/03 11:49 AM Re: Chesky problems
The Hun Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Riverside
Quote:
You could try calling them. Not an excuse, but with the Denon 2900 just out, and all the confusion about the "low LFE level" it has

If it's tones[for DVD-A] are the same as the Telarc disc[Celebrating the music of the Wheater Reports],then it's a waste of time.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 112 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts