Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#46656 - 05/20/03 03:41 PM outfitting media room
tetra500 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Dallas, Tx
OK, my media room has been build, and now I need to determine how I want to equip it. Keeping the "best bang for the buck" performance issue in mind, what mid to high level components would one recommend I purchase that will complement the 950 {i.e. amps, speakers, sub, dvd player, projector, screen, etc...}

Also, what are the advantages/disadvantages of utilizing 7 mono amps instead of a multi-channel amp like the 770?

#46657 - 05/21/03 10:42 AM Re: outfitting media room
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
What's your price range? A "mid to high level" component system can range from a $2000 system to a $100,000 dollar system or even higher!!!

Also, how big is your room? Is it mainly for movies or music or both?? I'm guessing that since you mentioned a projector, it's a movie room. There are some Outlaws around here who have built some pretty sweet set-ups. They may have some ideas once you set your range.

Look forward to hearing some more info so we can spend your money!!

#46658 - 05/21/03 02:15 PM Re: outfitting media room
sigmachi25 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Jax, Fla.
As always I have to put in my reccomendation for "Ohm" speakers - they are the most natural sounding speakers you can buy IMO.

They are based on a single inverted driver design called the "Walsh". They are great for movies/music because the sweet spot is actually the entire listening area.

Also - they are based on a similar business model to Outlaw nline direct sales, value, quality, and customer care - with 30 years of experience -

check out their website www.ohmspeakers.com

also check out the reviews at www.audioreview.com

also call John Strohbeem at Ohm (the president) he will answer the phone.

you won't go wrong with these speakers - I searched for a year and these were my final choice !!

Bryan - Jax, Fla.

#46659 - 05/21/03 06:08 PM Re: outfitting media room
zakman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: East Bernard, TX USA
I picked up a set of axiom loudspeakers...actually the epic 80 set. http://www.axiomaudio.com . I read many reviews about them and heard them at a college buddy's house. I was sold. I ordered them and have loved them ever since.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 112 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts