Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#45637 - 03/14/03 09:45 PM LFE ISSUE UPDATE
Scott Offline
Desperado

UPDATE: Originally posted in the Saloon on March 29, 2003, the link below to the update instructions are also being posted here for the convenience of our customers. Note that customers who placed their 950 orders March 14 or later are NOT affected.
---------------------------------------
We are pleased to let you know that everything is now in place to enable you to correct any Model 950 unit that exhibits the "No LFE output on DTS-ES" bug. Please follow this link for further instructions.
---------------------------------------
Fellow Outlaws:

When we first addressed this issue a week ago, we promised you that we’d keep you up to date on our progress and have an answer for you as soon as possible. In order to keep the lines of communication open, we would like to take this opportunity to bring you up to date on where things stand.

Thanks to exhaustive work by engineering teams in Asia and the US, we have been able to locate the source of the “No LFE on DTS-ES” issue. As it turns out, some incorrect software provided to us by an outside source as part of the product development, but otherwise verified as correct, turned out to be the root cause.

We have received corrected software and it is currently undergoing one more round of compliance testing and verification. The good news is that the bug was isolated to one specific module, so completion of the testing should only take a few more days.

Even better news is the fact that the software that needs correction is located in a replaceable E-PROM chip on the Model 950’s digital board. Those of you with long memories will recall that at one point in the early product descriptions we did say that some software was upgradeable. Fortunately, this issue falls into that category.

What that means to Model 950 owners is that anyone with a unit exhibiting this issue will NOT have to return the unit to us for repair. Instead, we are now assembling a kit that will contain all parts and information required for the E-PROM to be replaced. We’re putting some final touches on the procedure by which this will happen, and you’ll see that in just a few more days once the final testing is complete and we have the replacement chips and some other needed items in hand. We think you’ll be pleased with the process since it will not require your unit to be swapped or out of service for more than the time it takes to have the chip replaced.

Of course, going forward, we will make certain that the correct code is in all new units when they ship.

We apologize to the relatively small number of customers that have been impacted by this issue, and we thank all those that participated in bringing this to our attention.

Thanks and regards

The Outlaws

[This message has been edited by admin (edited April 03, 2003).]

#45638 - 03/14/03 09:51 PM Re: LFE ISSUE UPDATE
charlie Offline
Desperado

As usual, Outlaw customer service prevails...

Good thing the EPROM is socketed.

#45639 - 03/14/03 10:09 PM Re: LFE ISSUE UPDATE
JkFruit Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Orange, CA
As first time owner of Outlaw products, I am impressed with Outlaw's customer service

#45640 - 03/14/03 10:21 PM Re: LFE ISSUE UPDATE
The Hun Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Riverside
Quote:
We apologize to the relatively small number of customers that have been impacted by this issue,

I think this is universal to all players,most people just "don't know" any better.
Has the reversed polarity issue on the 6ch input been addressed by the Outlaws yet?
I've been away from the HT forums lately.
Thanks!

#45641 - 03/14/03 10:25 PM Re: LFE ISSUE UPDATE
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Wow, I had to go car shopping last week and get a son ready to go to CO for spring break in the morning (plus work) this last week. Have not had time to dig out any DTS-ES to see what I could see.

...and they have already addressed the problem...if I do have it.......
Evidently, (as usual) Outlaw Customer Service cannot be outgunned

#45642 - 03/14/03 10:51 PM Re: LFE ISSUE UPDATE
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
I only run 5.1 right now, but i may want to run 6.1 in the future. Should I send my unit in for the upgrade? Can they send me the eprom to change out? I think I still have my chip puller around here some where.

------------------
MeanGene's Home

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#45643 - 03/14/03 11:54 PM Re: LFE ISSUE UPDATE
SpOoNmAn Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Independence, Ohio, USA!!
Another example of Outlaws supreme Customer Service

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/spoonmandts

#45644 - 03/15/03 02:19 AM Re: LFE ISSUE UPDATE
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Awesome. Truly awesome...

Ah HA! So *now*, I can be correct in saying that, "in some cases, the 950 is indeed software upgradeable."

Any chance I could get a black power button, and a heavier duty volume knob with my EPROM chip?

[This message has been edited by Kevin C Brown (edited March 15, 2003).]

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#45645 - 03/15/03 09:17 AM Re: LFE ISSUE UPDATE
boblinds Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Los Angeles
My sympathies to Peter Tribeman and the rest of the Outlaws for all the incredible kee-rap they've had to wade through in the ongoing saga of the Outlaw 950.

Add to that my unqualified respect for the extraordinary customer service and decency with which the Outlaws have handled each one of the 950's issues. It's a remarkable record of performance that most companies should replicate.

#45646 - 03/15/03 12:22 PM Re: LFE ISSUE UPDATE
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

This kind of response is what kills me about OUTLAW!!!! Again on top as usual!!!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 120 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM