Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#46178 - 04/05/03 06:32 PM How is the 950 for two channel listening?
nohjy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lehigh Valley, PA
How is the 950 as a processor for two channel listening ? Has anyone compared it to other pre/pros in this capacity?

John

#46179 - 04/05/03 11:45 PM Re: How is the 950 for two channel listening?
Philip Hamm Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Northern Virginia, USA
TO my ears the 950 is fine and dandy for two channel listening.

Compared to my previous prepro a Sherwood Newcastle AV-P9080 it's about the same. The Sherwood sounded great, too.

Before that I had an Onkyo 919THX receiver that also sounded great.

Sorry I'm not much help.

------------------
Philip Hamm

#46180 - 04/06/03 12:24 AM Re: How is the 950 for two channel listening?
AGAssarsson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington, DC, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by nohjy:
How is the 950 as a processor for two channel listening ? Has anyone compared it to other pre/pros in this capacity?
John

There is a very interesting, informative, and contentious discussion of this in another topic area, "KCB @ HTF,,, (Page 1)". It begins on 30 March 2003, when the now infamous "Ricky" busts into the saloon firing with both hands. He was soon surrounded by Outlaws, and is now in a detention camp at Guatamino Bay, Cuba.

Lots of us spend a lot of time discussing the 950 vs. "the +$3.000 pre-pro line-up, in a bold attempt to assist the greater community at large. Our efforts on your behalf should not drift to the bottom of the forum in vain.

#46181 - 04/06/03 12:30 AM Re: How is the 950 for two channel listening?
Ricky Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Teaneck, NJ
Really, I have the Outlaw 950 right NOW in my system and it is not close to the Aragon Stage One in 2 channel. It is what it is.

#46182 - 04/06/03 01:58 AM Re: How is the 950 for two channel listening?
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Quote:
Originally posted by Ricky:
Really, I have the Outlaw 950 right NOW in my system and it is not close to the Aragon Stage One in 2 channel. It is what it is.

Ricky:

You're right! You've proved us wrong. The 950 is not worth it's weight in depleted uranium.

All owners of the 950 please send your unit to me, and I will dispose of it in a proper, eco-friendly manner.

I will issue vouchers good for $100 off on the purchase price of your choice of $3,000 preamp. This offer is only good for 60 days.

Myself, I have already dispatched of my 950 by my trusty 10 pound sledgehammer.

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited April 06, 2003).]

#46183 - 04/06/03 03:55 AM Re: How is the 950 for two channel listening?
bossobass Offline
Desperado

Loc: charlotte, nc usa
um...what is 2 channel listening?

#46184 - 04/06/03 07:27 PM Re: How is the 950 for two channel listening?
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
I have already dispatched of my 950 by my trusty 10 pound sledgehammer
Soundhound, I have always found people whom are Sound Editors by Profession to be such impossibly implosive types, yet
you really should have waited. What Ricky does not know yet is that being the devious female that I can be, I had reversed the innards of his switchboxes, his wife was not going to tell him till the hoopla all died down, she’s an Psycho-acoustical psychiatrist in her spare time and had her own agenda.

sorry Ricky couldn’t resist, sometimes I just bust out all over.

[This message has been edited by Smart Little Lena (edited April 06, 2003).]

#46185 - 04/06/03 09:23 PM Re: How is the 950 for two channel listening?
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Quote:
Originally posted by Smart Little Lena:

Soundhound, I have always found people whom are Sound Editors by Profession to be such impossibly implosive types.....

But Lena, I'm a MUSIC editor - and as such am very in touch with my passionate and tempramental side. Such sledgehammer-wielding episodes can come at a moment's notice, yet in an instant I can be hugging a puppy or picking flowers, or writing poetry. SOUND editors on the other hand tend to be very much centered and upstanding, very much business types, emotionless, non-creative, and un-caring.

#46186 - 04/07/03 12:19 AM Re: How is the 950 for two channel listening?
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by soundhound:
But Lena, I'm a MUSIC editor - and as such am very in touch with my passionate and tempramental side. Such sledgehammer-wielding episodes can come at a moment's notice, yet in an instant I can be hugging a puppy or picking flowers, or writing poetry.

Hey, I'm all for sledgehammers...but just make certain you aren't sledgehammering poetry writing puppie florists...that's over the line!

#46187 - 04/16/03 04:18 PM Re: How is the 950 for two channel listening?
TANGO Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Jenison, MI, United States
IT'S EVERYWHERE...IT'S EVERYWHERE!! AGAssarsson, you, unfortunately are wrong-- Ricky's BACK. I think I know why. Ricky is NOT A REAL PERSON but a computer VIRUS. It works this way: type OUTLAW and you activate the "Ricky Virus" and instantly are attacked.If Ricky were real, he could be, as you said, put into a 'Gitmo lock-up cell but, since he's here, the logical conclusion is that he isn't real and must be a virus. I'm getting really nervous about this, and that means I WILL BE GETTING MORE ZITS (just like on the other thread when Ricky was attacking Outlaw--oh,no used the "O" word-- and I got zits from getting mad. oh woe is me, oh woe is me. The only cure I know is to quickly my O...(oops, almost said the "O" word) 950/7100 run system and listen to some good 'ol 2-channel. Nuts, that's right--this won't help me: Ricky says it's no good. What to do.....what to do??? Well, until I figure this out, I'll just take myself to the bathroom and pop some zits.

------------------

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 133 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts