Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#39246 - 08/24/02 04:45 PM Reprogramming AUD Power Button Help!!!
mick16 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rochester, MI
Somehow while screwing around with programming a macro on the remote control I accidentially reprogrammed the AUD Power Button. What is happening now is that when I push the AUD button and then Power button to shut off the processor, its switching to my video 2 input. Can anybody help instruct me how to switch it back to the way it was before?

PS - I hated this stupid remote control and its multi color flashing light with a passion before this happened. It's taking all of my restraint not to throw it though the window.

Mick

#39247 - 08/24/02 06:25 PM Re: Reprogramming AUD Power Button Help!!!
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
When getting the 950's remote set up, I've often referred to the manual for the SL-9000 that it is based on (only significant difference is the omission of the LCD at the top). The manual is available online . There is a bit on page 17 about erasing learned functions that is supposed to return the button to the pre-programmed purpose. In your case, though, it sounds like you made the power button into a macro button. For that, page 31 has instructions on how to erase a macro from a button -- that's probably what you are after.

EDIT: I figured that I ought to see if the 950's manual covers these items, too. Page 39 covers erasing a macro, and page 40 mentions erasing learned functions from a button.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

[This message has been edited by gonk (edited August 24, 2002).]

#39248 - 08/25/02 03:53 AM Re: Reprogramming AUD Power Button Help!!!
mick16 Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks for the info. I got it to go back to normal somehow. I'll quit screwing around with the macros and leave it alone. I really would prefer to use my Marantz RC-2000 remote and throw this one that came with the 950 in the trash, but since the Marantz remote won't learn commands from the other remote, I guess I'll have to live with it for the time being.

#39249 - 08/25/02 08:07 PM Re: Reprogramming AUD Power Button Help!!!
didjdude Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: San Jose, CA
mick16 - I was also planning to use program my Marantz RC2000 remote to cotrol the 950. Do you know why the RC2000 can't learn the commands from the 950 remote?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by mick16:
Thanks for the info. I got it to go back to normal somehow. I'll quit screwing around with the macros and leave it alone. I really would prefer to use my Marantz RC-2000 remote and throw this one that came with the 950 in the trash, but since the Marantz remote won't learn commands from the other remote, I guess I'll have to live with it for the time being.

#39250 - 08/25/02 08:16 PM Re: Reprogramming AUD Power Button Help!!!
mick16 Offline
Gunslinger

It won't recognize the source buttons located at top of the outlaw remote (i.e. SAT, TV, VCR, etc.) You get the always popular NG response on the Marantz when you try to teach it a source button command. This little issue pretty much makes the Marantz remote useless with the 950 as you can't select your sources. So the only option is to use two remotes. Use the outlaw to select your sources and the Marantz for everything else. Not real convenient...

If you can figure out a way to get it to work, I'd love to know about it. Otherwise I'll be trying to live with the remote that came with the 950 until X-mas, and then I'll take the plunge and get the MX-500.

Mick

#39251 - 08/26/02 01:53 AM Re: Reprogramming AUD Power Button Help!!!
didjdude Offline
Gunslinger

Mick,

Thanks for the info. I'll let you know if I figure out how to get the RC2000 to work with the 950 remote. It would be a real drag to go back to using multiple remotes again.

didjdude

#39252 - 08/26/02 10:27 AM Re: Reprogramming AUD Power Button Help!!!
bbarden Offline
Gunslinger

I use the original Philips Pronto, which I believe is the same as the Marantz. I found a complete setup for the 950 on remotecentral.com, search the files section if this link does not work.

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/fil.../preamps/out-pr e-950.zip

Quote:
Originally posted by mick16:
It won't recognize the source buttons located at top of the outlaw remote (i.e. SAT, TV, VCR, etc.) You get the always popular NG response on the Marantz when you try to teach it a source button command. This little issue pretty much makes the Marantz remote useless with the 950 as you can't select your sources. So the only option is to use two remotes. Use the outlaw to select your sources and the Marantz for everything else. Not real convenient...

If you can figure out a way to get it to work, I'd love to know about it. Otherwise I'll be trying to live with the remote that came with the 950 until X-mas, and then I'll take the plunge and get the MX-500.

Mick

#39253 - 08/26/02 10:51 AM Re: Reprogramming AUD Power Button Help!!!
mick16 Offline
Gunslinger

I'm not sure about later versions of the RC-2000 (such as the MKII), but I know for sure with my original version of the RC-2000 that there is no way to add templates to the remote as you can with the philips pronoto since there is no way to link this remote to the PC.

#39254 - 09/06/02 05:34 PM Re: Reprogramming AUD Power Button Help!!!
didjdude Offline
Gunslinger

mick16,

I did manage to get the Marantz RC2000 (MKII) to recognize the source buttons on the 950 remote. During my first attempt, the RC2000 would learn all the source buttons except the SAT button (which consistently gave me the NG message). I tried again the other night in a "very well lit room" and the RC2000 finally accepted the code. I know external lighting plays a role in transfering IR remote commands successfully but I am not sure how. Anyway, try again in good lighting and see if it works better for you.

didjdude

#39255 - 09/09/02 02:58 PM Re: Reprogramming AUD Power Button Help!!!
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Damn those long URLs... they really screw up my browser window...

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts