Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#36595 - 03/01/02 04:27 PM email instead of phone
scubadj Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Virginia
I noticed that the Outlaws are going to email the "list" instead of contacting us by phone. Here's my question and possible problem - I just had to change my email address due to @home cable mess. I emailed the outlaw customer service with the change. Do you think this is enough or am I screwed? Should I make another reservation? Should I call them? Any suggestions - this is one of those times I wish the Outlaws responded to this forum. Thanks.
Don

#36596 - 03/01/02 04:45 PM Re: email instead of phone
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
When did you e-mail Outlaw? I typically get a reply from them within a day or two of sending them an e-mail. I would expect them to reply to you let you know they got your e-mail and fixed your reservation info.

------------------
Gonk

#36597 - 03/01/02 05:44 PM Re: email instead of phone
scubadj Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Virginia
Thanks for the reply, gonk. It was only yesterday that I emailed them (all right I'm panicking). Did you ever have one of those days where things just don't go your way. I saw my long awaited for 950 slipping away (lol). I'll give them a few more days and see what happens. Later,
Don

#36598 - 03/01/02 08:18 PM Re: email instead of phone
Brian Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Irving TX
I have asked Scott this very question.My wife and I were considering switching ISPs and I didnt want to lose my reservation.Scott told me if we just sent him our new e-mail address that I had nothing to worry about.I decided to wait until after my 950 arrives to switch ISPs just to be sure,but you should get a reply from Scott that will put any worrys to rest.Hope that helps.

#36599 - 03/01/02 08:27 PM Re: email instead of phone
portapot Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: White Hall, MD 21161
I sent the Outlaws two weeks ago asking them to change my email address because of the @home conversion to @comcast. The Outlaws have yet to update my account as I did not receive the newsletter today. I sent them a follow up yesterday but I have the same concerns about my reservation. I would hope they address this for all of us who have waited patiently.

Doug

#36600 - 03/02/02 10:28 AM Re: email instead of phone
DennisG Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Richmond, VA
I am going through the same thing. I used my company email address to make my reservation and as of the 1st of the year, my company changed names and so did my email address. I have emailed outlaw to make the change but haven't heard back from them. I reserved the 950 on the 14 of december. If people start getting emails about their 950's and I don't, I will call them after the first couple of days.

#36601 - 03/04/02 11:00 AM Re: email instead of phone
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Why don't you all just tell them that you prefer to receive your registration notification by telephone rather than by e-mail? That would pretty much clear up all the problems, I think. It also addresses the concerns of people who are squeamish about sending credit card numbers through the e-mail system.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM