Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#35317 - 11/12/05 12:17 PM Adding a sub for existing system
DaleB Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Clovis, CA,US
I have an M&K system, with a V1250 sub. We are moving into a new home and I am seriously considering adding a sub for more bass, or more even room response throughout the new room.
I am wondering if anyone has experience adding the LFM-1 or LFM-2 as an additional sub to an existing system.
I posed this question a couple of years ago, as a general query, and got every reply imaginable. All the research I've done does not see a problem with different subs in the same room. But generally not stacked.
I am more interested in those who have actually done it and what your experience has been. I understand I could fall in love with the LFM-1 and sell the 1250, but for sake of argument that is not an option at this time.

#35318 - 11/12/05 06:32 PM Re: Adding a sub for existing system
Ritz Offline
Desperado

Loc: NJ/Beijing
I've got a pair of LFM-1's in my rather large listening room. However, it seemed a bit much so I mostly leave the 2nd one off except when I'm wathing movies.

Cheers,

#35319 - 11/12/05 07:45 PM Re: Adding a sub for existing system
DaleB Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Clovis, CA,US
That's interesting, although I was considering the effect of 2 different kinds of subs.
I read something of recently on 'hometheaterforum.com' that advises against that. And also that 2 of the same subs work best in the same location.
In other words, if you find the best location for one sub, use the same location for 2.
I orignially thought having 2 in 2 different locations might actually compensate for any deficiences in response due to the room itself.
Maybe that's not really a significant if one sub is properly 'located'.
Obviously, 2 in the same location will give more output.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 105 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM