Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#34629 - 01/12/04 12:30 PM AudioReview
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Since there are a growing number of you who now have LFM-1 subs sitting in your home, you all might be interested to know that there is now an entry at AudioReview for the LFM-1. I'd post a review, but despite some discussion with mrs. gonk around the newly-relocated home theater (she likes the look of the LFM-1 more than the SVS 25-31PCi that I bought about a year and a half ago), we haven't actually bought one.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#34630 - 01/12/04 02:21 PM Re: AudioReview
kugumby Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: St. Louis, MO USA
I've been surprised so far by the lack of reviews even though it seems like only a couple of people actually have the LFM-1. Usually the Outlaw community is quick to send out new information. It sounds like in the other thread that more are at least on the way to their new homes.

I went ahead and signed up for the waiting list. Although some reviews would be nice, I'm betting that it's a killer sub anyway.

[This message has been edited by kugumby (edited January 12, 2004).]

#34631 - 01/12/04 04:33 PM Re: AudioReview
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
It took a long time to see a review there after first 7100 amp was sold to the public.

#34632 - 01/15/04 01:41 PM Re: AudioReview
jdavis37 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Huntersville,NC,USA
Short note as I am still at work and they actually expect me to do something besides this lol I had hoped to have the time to post more regarding the LFM-1 as mine did arrive before Christmas. That being said, I do not have a lot of prior powered subwoofer experience, so I cannot say how it compares to it's "peers". Part of me feels I may well have been happy with any of the similar priced units made by HSU or SVS, but I really cannot say.

BUT, one thing is for certain, the LFM-1 is incredible. At the risk of offending anyone ( please forgive if I do ) but the first movie I watched with it on, the two Towers, made my kahunas vibrate as I sat on the sofa. I easily found 102-105 db of sound level without even pushing my system ( 950 pre pro/755 amp ) and, as hoped, I found I was listening to the movie at overall lower volume levels due to the bass. it's tight, works well in 2 channel stereo mode as long as I turn down the output volume from 7 to about 5, and overall simply performs. It also looks very nice with the plexi top, though it is large unit. On a scale of 10, I'm near a 10.. very happy with it for both 2 channel music and HT. It rumbles deep and hard for HT though is never boomy and only produces musical bass that is there. I have not taken frequency measurements, but can say I can often feel bass that I cannot hear. Maybe the HSU models or the SVS's are just as good but I'd find it hard to believe hey are any better.. it's truly a great speaker! Hope this helps!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts