Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#35320 - 12/03/05 11:20 PM LFM-1
emilio Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: New York
I just purchased a set of LFM-1s, my room is 16x30 with half rug half tile floor, the back half of the room is a small bar. My seating is 15 feet from the screen. I have tried 7 different subs, placed them in multiple locations and still did not like the results. Does anybody have any suggestions on the placement of the LFM-1s

#35321 - 12/03/05 11:42 PM Re: LFM-1
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I hate to answer a question with a question, but I guess I'm going to anyway. smile What methods have you used for selecting positions for the sub(s)? I'm guessing you've used some of the most common choices already, such as corner loading.

#35322 - 12/03/05 11:51 PM Re: LFM-1
Doug917 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shawnee, KS
Another thing to try: Place one sub where you set in your prime listening postition and disconnect the other one. Then, play a repetitive track and walk around the rest of your room. Where the bass sounds the best to you is where you should place the sub. If you want to do even better, use an SPL meter and a Rives audio test disc and walk around the room and measure the response at different locations. Repeat the above process with the second sub. I use two subs and this has been the best way I have found to balance multiple subs in a room.

#35323 - 12/05/05 05:19 PM Re: LFM-1
blueair Offline
Gunslinger

If you don't like your sub response, there might be stuff you may wish to try. Go to that list first to eliminate the obvious problems:

SubwooferErrors

Like Doug917 said, "put the sub in the listening position" and go around the room to find the best response... You could co-locate them to avoid cancellation... Don't know if you're running your mains as large but make sure your phase it set properly. Start with -5db on you receiver/pre-amp sub out and then, calibrated them to be 2 to 3 dB hotter then the rest of you speakers... You should also get some tone disk and plot your room response to see if you have any peaks and/or nulls... There are tons of other stuff you could try (like getting a BFD) but start with this...

HTH
Gilles
Elite M-10X - Back Surround Amp
BP2002TL - Main
C/L/R 2500 - Center
BPX - Surround
UIW64/A - Back Surround
PB12-Plus/2 - Subwoofer
DSP1124P - EQ (Subwoofer Only)

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,692 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM