Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#34901 - 11/02/04 02:26 PM BFD
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
or, "Behringer Feedback Destroyer".......

Anyone using one of these with their sub(LFM-1 or other models)?

If so, how do you like/dislike it?

How is it connected and calibrated?

I'm intrigued by this relatively cheap tweak.

#34902 - 11/02/04 02:52 PM Re: BFD
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
I have heard good things about the BFD but have not purchased one because the low frequency response is rated as extending to 20Hz "-3db". If this is actually true, then that is a deal killer for me since I need flat response to below 10Hz. I might try to lay my hands on one and actually measure the response and see if it is possible to modify the low end response to extend it downward.

Since the LFM-1 has a low frequency limit of 25Hz, the 20Hz limitation of the BFD might not be an issue. The EQs supposedly are very flexible.

#34903 - 11/02/04 08:14 PM Re: BFD
Sound Killer Offline
Gunslinger

Hello

Buy FBQ 3102; it gives you more functions and control. This one has response down 10 HZ, amazing!! It has 31 bands EQ with feedback detection; +15 DB gain boost, subwoofer out with crossover to 200HZ, high output (+21dbu) so you can have ultra impact, low cut and high cut so you can cut out those annoying floor rumbling bass if you don’t want to hear. And is cheap too!! smile

One good thing about every Behringer products is they will convert unbalanced line to balanced line automatically; they will adjust the internal gain to +4 DBU pro level. Nice!! smile

Connection is rather easy. just purchase a RCA to 1/4 inch plug adaptor for connection.

You can buy it in your local guitar center instead of online. That way, if you don’t like it you can return it without shipping penalty. Wonderful!! smile

#34904 - 11/03/04 12:23 PM Re: BFD
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
WOW! That looks deadly! I'd have to take a class on how to set it up eek

Thanks for the feedback(No pun intended!)guys.

Would I need a test disc with a frequency sweep to set these up, or does the unit generate it's own setup signals?

#34905 - 11/03/04 12:50 PM Re: BFD
musiciseverything Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Missouri
Thanks! A newbie question: since it has two inputs and 2 outputs plus a sub output, where does it go in the chain of equipment? Maybe from the pre-amp/pro sub out and out to the sub (low level). Could it go between the pre-amp/processor and amplifier(s) for the front mains using the other two outputs? If the sub will reach below 20 Hz, is there a unit out there that will equalize below 20 Hz? Thanks again for the suggestion.

#34906 - 11/03/04 09:13 PM Re: BFD
Sound Killer Offline
Gunslinger

I usually don’t use EQ solely for equalizing the low frequency band from sub, because that is too wasteful. Rather, I use it to equalize my three front full range LCR channels. As you can see from the back, there is a XLR and 1/4 inch input for each channel and you can use either one of them for connection, but you can’t use both of them. The output is internally paralleled so you can have total 4 outputs from 2 inputs if XLR and 1/4-inch jack are used at the same time. The XLR subwoofer out jack is a simple mono sum from the input signal and you can use it for another subwoofer. You put EQ behind your 950 (Pre-amp out to EQ), but before the power amp.

For the 20 HZ signal, I don’t know if it will do and I usually don’t care since the program materials go that low is rare.

If you have standing waves problems you may need to adjust your room acoustic first.

#34907 - 11/03/04 10:07 PM Re: BFD
musiciseverything Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Missouri
Again, thank you.

#34908 - 07/30/05 12:16 AM Re: BFD
RayJr Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Palmdale, CA
Hello....new to this forum smile
I own 2 LFM-1 and 1 Def Tech PF15TL...so 3 subs total in the room.
I just added a BFD and it works great...used it to get rid of a big hump at 42hz....seemed to smooth the subs out well. For the cost of the BFD ($100.00), I would recommend it to everyone.

Any questions ..feel free to send them to me or catch me on AIM

Later
RayJr

Who's Online
0 registered (), 121 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM