Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#34743 - 04/29/04 10:24 AM LFM-1 compared to Rel Acoustics
dmorphy Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Snellville, GA USA
I have a front-firing Rel Q-201 which has a very tight bass and is great for music. However, it doesn't have the LFE impact of even a cheap DCM sub I used to own. The problem with the DCM was that it was horribly muddy for music.

I paid nearly twice (for the Rel) of what a new LFM-1 would cost, but wonder if I would be better off either selling the Rel and using an LFM-1 for both high level and LFE or just keeping the Rel for high level input and using the LFM-1 for LFE. If I were to use the LFM-1 for both, do you think I would notice a lot less tightness in bass for music reproduction from what I now have with the Rel.

#34744 - 04/29/04 10:59 AM Re: LFM-1 compared to Rel Acoustics
JMS Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NE Ohio
I've found my lfm to be excellent for the thumping bass you'd find in the movie "Gladiator" but also good for the low 5th string notes that the bassist sometimes uses on Steely Dan records. One can clearly deliniate the different pitches, even below the normal "E" on a typical four string bass guitar. I'd say the lfm by itself is a good bet.

Jay

#34745 - 04/29/04 11:23 AM Re: LFM-1 compared to Rel Acoustics
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
In my system, I've found the LFM-1 to be very good for music listening. It is not muddy or boomy. It would definitely be worth a look if you are in the market for a new subwoofer, and would probably take care of you for both music and movie (LFE) listening.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

Who's Online
0 registered (), 90 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM