I apologize as I've seen similar topics over time, but this time it's my turn to be an idiot. I recently purchased a Denon DVD-1920 which has DVD-Audio and SACD capability so I finally put my Outlaw cables to use.

So I was attempting to listen to a couple of DVD-Audio discs that I've got, and I have two issues.

One, I'm not sure that I'm actually hearing the DVD-Audio format. For instance, when I put in Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms" and go to the audio setup portion of the disc I see two options: Stereo 24/96 (I think) and Dolby Digital 5.1.

So, do I have my 1050 and the 1920 setup correctly? I have the 1050 in 5.1 Direct mode, the front speakers are set to small.

My second issue is that I am not getting output from my subwoofer. The front speakers are set to small on both the Denon and the 1050. Subwoofer is set to "on" for the Denon as well as the 1050. The subwoofer is active if I listen to CD audio or something in DD.

Thanks for your help in advance, and I'll be glad to fill in any blanks in info as I'm sure that I've left out something.