Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#4855 - 06/25/06 10:33 PM 1050 Right-Rear Channel : No Sound
ISPTraderChris Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Hi Everyone -

I purchased a 1050 about 5 years ago, and it has worked flawlessly for me up until a few days ago. I stopped getting sound out of my right-rear channel. I have thus far tested the following:

1) Run the 'Test' sequence and confirmed no audio from the Right-Rear speaker - the other channels appear to be working correctly.

2) Replaced the cable connecting the Right-Rear speaker to the receiver

3) Tested the Right-Rear speaker by connecting it to one of the other channels - the speaker appears to work.

At this point I am at a loss. If anyone has an advice, insight, or wisdom into the potentially causes / solutions for this problem I would very much appreciate it!

#4856 - 06/26/06 10:13 AM Re: 1050 Right-Rear Channel : No Sound
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Do you have connections to the 5.1 direct inputs? If so, did you try playing a signal through those to determine if it is a processor/software issue or an amp issue? If you don't get sound via the direct inputs, which bypasses any DSP processing, then it is probably the amp channel. I'd give tech support a call.

#4857 - 06/30/06 12:10 AM Re: 1050 Right-Rear Channel : No Sound
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Once I had all three of my rear channels quit working. They just would NOT play a thing when I could plainly see all 6.1 speakers SHOULD be playing. I don't recall if they worked in the test loop or not. What fixed it was when I changed discs to check if it was the media for some reason. I didn't think it was as I had played it MANY times before (4 year old in the house, disc was Finding Nemo... you do the math), but I wanted to rule it out. Put in another DD disc and same problem. Tried a DTS track, instant life! Switched back to Nemo, problem was gone. Hasn't happened since. But that was also right around the five year mark.

Don't know if that helps, but it certainly can't hurt.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 177 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts