Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#4218 - 06/13/03 08:22 PM Newbie Connection Question
barrytanis Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I've just purhcased a 1050. I have an older TV, a VCR and a DVD player. The TV has an S-Video connection; none of the other devices do. Connecting everything with regular coax cable is working
Question: can I use the S-video link between the 1050 and the TV and expect to get a better signal through this? Will it work at all if no sources connected to the 1050 use S-Video?

#4219 - 06/13/03 09:15 PM Re: Newbie Connection Question
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
No that doesn't work, sorry. Even if it did it would not be advised since it would not be upgrading the signal, just changing it. To take advantage of the benefits of s-video the source must have an s-video output. You can put an adaptor from radio shack onto the cable going into you tv if you like, but like I said it will not benefit the picture.

#4220 - 06/13/03 09:18 PM Re: Newbie Connection Question
Time_Stands_Still Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by barrytanis:
I've just purhcased a 1050. I have an older TV, a VCR and a DVD player. The TV has an S-Video connection; none of the other devices do. Connecting everything with regular coax cable is working
Question: can I use the S-video link between the 1050 and the TV and expect to get a better signal through this? Will it work at all if no sources connected to the 1050 use S-Video?

Im pretty sure in my response to you. You cannot do what you say. The S-video connection will only work on any input device you have that offer S-video output ( SVHS, DVD etc.) Very few amplifiers will convert a composite input to an S-video output.

My advice is to purchase the best qaulity composite video cables you can and hook up your video devices with these.

If your t.v offers S-video and composite inputs. You can run any device you have with S-video through to the t.v and any device you have via composite cable to the T.V.s second composite inputs. However you would have to switch the t.v's inputs to get either picture whaen needed.

I hope this is not too confusing.

#4221 - 06/14/03 04:53 AM Re: Newbie Connection Question
barrytanis Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

OK thanks. May be time to upgrade some components

#4222 - 06/14/03 12:42 PM Re: Newbie Connection Question
e-dogg Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: OHIO
I WOULD THINK YOUR DVD PLAYER HAS AN S VIDEO OUTPUT. WHY NOT RUN IT FROM THERE STAIGHT TO YOUR TV.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts