Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#2445 - 07/08/02 01:19 PM At which point would you use a cd player's analog outputs vs digital?
synthfreek Offline
Gunslinger

How bad-ass of a cd player would you have to have? I'm interested in hearing how the analog output sounds on my player since it has some highly touted DA converters but it's a serious pain to start moving equipment around in my entertainment center. Anyone have an AMC player? Are their DAs better than the one on my 1050?

#2446 - 07/08/02 06:16 PM Re: At which point would you use a cd player's analog outputs vs digital?
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
I've found that for classical music I prefer the DACs on my Sony CDP-M555ES over the DACs in my 950. And this is with the interconnects that came in the box; I'm planning on adding Outlaw's PCA's soon; probably as soon as I have a reason to order something else from them. I'm curious to see if it will make a difference.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#2447 - 07/08/02 08:24 PM Re: At which point would you use a cd player's analog outputs vs digital?
Cscamp Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
I also have an AMC cd player. AMC's cd players are a steal for it's price. Anyway, What model you got? i have the 24/96 CD8b... Unfortunately, i don't have the 1050...i'm still thinking about it. So this one's not going to be much of a help. Well, all i can say is that you won't really know unless you hook it up. It's also going to depend on what cables you are going to use (I am using a MIT T3, it's good match for my AMC). I have the same problem you have everytime i upgrade, clean, and add cables and interconnects. It may be a pain, but that's the only way your going to find out...unless someones else has the same set-up.

#2448 - 07/08/02 08:50 PM Re: At which point would you use a cd player's analog outputs vs digital?
Cscamp Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
One more thing, you are probably the first AMC cd player owner i heard that is not using its analog outputs ...for real...it's that or we just have components with crappy DAC's hehe! i can only speak for myself. Hey! try it out, what have you got to lose...besides time. I have mine directly connected to my Integrated Amp. I have never tried using my as my CD8b as a transport coz i'm pretty sure that my receivers DAC is not better than my cd player.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 75 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts