Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#2311 - 06/20/02 11:08 PM Outlaw broken following power outage??
EBorisch Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Rochester, MN
I have a 1050 that I've been very happy with.. Unfortunately, we had a power outage a day and a half ago, and when I tried to turn it on today (1st time since the outage) I haven't been able to get it to work...

First, there was no screen, but it seemed to be turning on and off with the power button -- at least the s-video output (from the DVD) was being switched on and off... after turning the master power on and off once or twice (I can't recall) it would turn on and have a display, and respond to the front panel. So far so good. Put on a DVD, sat down, and hit play.

No sound.

Crap.

Start playing with the 1050 again... some strange behavior now. When I hit speaker config, the fronts are locked on "large", and I can't turn to the sub to "on." ... When I hit test, it shows that it's trying the front left, but still no sound, and it doesn't ever progress to the center.

I've got it turned off now and I'm letting it sit overnight (it seemed warm, not hot to the touch, but warm) to see if that helps. Is there some way to reset the machine -- it almost seems like the firmware is hosed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated -- if the only option is send it in at this point, so be it...

Thanks for any ideas!

Eric Borisch

#2312 - 06/21/02 07:14 AM Re: Outlaw broken following power outage??
e-dogg Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: OHIO
I had a similar experience with a plain stereo receiver a few years back and this is how it was explained to me. When my power went out my receiver dropped into standby mode(just like the 1050 does), although the current it draws is small it stills draws a little power. When my power came on it there was a "power surge". Since the unit was drawing power the technican told me thats when it got "fried". He got it to run again but it was never right. That may be what happened to yours.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 96 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts