Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#2139 - 05/14/02 10:25 AM Installed the 1050...
MustangStallion Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Houston,TX
you guys were right...sounds exactly how I wanted it to..very nice! The audio sounds clean on my RF-3's I was pleasantly surprised that the gain controls on the rear channels are actually useful a gain of +4 is a hell of a lot louder than a +4 on my old pioneer. Now I feel guilty selling the pioneer to my sister.. thanks y'all!

#2140 - 05/27/02 03:03 AM Re: Installed the 1050...
MustangStallion Offline
Gunslinger

a few weeks have passed since my purchase and like everyone said..this is one impressive little (but heavy) receiver. I tried the S connectors for video and got the "twitchy" video everyone has had. No problem..i knew about this before I bought it. The sound comming from this thing is no BS. It's sounds very nice. My old receiver had plenty of noise comming out of it but everything sounded mixed up. When people ask how the 1050 sounds I always tell them (if they wear glasses) to take their glasses off. When you listen to lots of receivers.. they sound "unfocused", unclear, muddy like not wearing glasses. The 1050 sounds "focused", clear, defined. Like things look from behind eyewear I hope that those wanting an awsome receiver and need a push to get one....I tell you now. "don't waste ur time" .. get the 1050 and think of the $36 lost on shipping if u decide to return it as rent for a month. I'm having lots of fun tweeking this bad boy. I feel like a paid spokesman..but I honestly feel this thing is worth it. I could've bought a more expensive system but after I heard this thing ... i'm glad i didn't. It's doing everything and more that I need... good luck to all of those wanting to make that jump...Just Jump!

#2141 - 06/03/02 04:23 PM Re: Installed the 1050...
e-dogg Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: OHIO
what is the problem with the "s" viedo outputs?

#2142 - 06/04/02 03:18 AM Re: Installed the 1050...
MustangStallion Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by e-dogg:
what is the problem with the "s" viedo outputs?

the 1050 doesn't handle S-video well. At least with my DVD player. There have been a lot of Issues with this problem and H.Q. stays it can't be fixed...If you go back on the posts..some people had the same issues i'm seeing ... good luck!

#2143 - 06/04/02 07:22 AM Re: Installed the 1050...
psklenar Offline
Desperado

Loc: Southern New England, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by MustangStallion:
a few weeks have passed since my purchase and like everyone said..this is one impressive little (but heavy) receiver. ...

Welcome to the "Family"!

Quote:
... I tried the S connectors for video and got the "twitchy" video everyone has had. No problem..i knew about this before I bought it. ...

Just FYI ... not "everyone" has this problem. I had a Mitsubishi SVHS, Apex DVD, Panasonic DVD & Pioneer LD all connected to my 1050 via S-Video and the 1050 connected to my 36" direct view Toshiba and never had a bit of trouble.

Quote:
... When people ask how the 1050 sounds I always tell them (if they wear glasses) to take their glasses off. When you listen to lots of receivers.. they sound "unfocused", unclear, muddy like not wearing glasses. The 1050 sounds "focused", clear, defined. Like things look from behind eyewear ...

That is one of the best descriptions I've ever seen. Excellent!!!

------------------
pat----

email: pat@sklenar.info ---===--- home page: Grumpy's Lair

#2144 - 06/05/02 12:15 AM Re: Installed the 1050...
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Check out this thread for the full details on the s-video issue, including an explanation by Outlaw.

#2145 - 06/07/02 01:59 PM Re: Installed the 1050...
e-dogg Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: OHIO
Thanks! I checked it out and got all the info I needed.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 112 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts