Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#1117 - 01/31/02 10:33 PM It is the suspense that always kills me.
Thenotsonewguy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: United States, Louisiana
You guys remember how almost a week ago I said I was going to get an Onkyo to be my first HT receiver and then I was going to do a follow up post on how I liked it? Well, bad news, I have the receiver but the store I wanted to buy the center from said they were out of stock and they would order me one. Well, I called the store a few days later and asked how close were they to getting the order in, come to find out the sales person told me wrong. The store is doing inventory and it will restock itself soon and that is when they will get the center channel speaker. So I'm just sitting here looking at my poor brand new Onkyo TX-DS595 waiting for my center channel to come in so I can enjoy DTS or DD. Once it comes and I get everything running I will post that big thread I was talking about. In my opinion I think I made the right move going with the Onkyo instead of the Outlaw but I can't make good judgment now because of the lack of a center channel speaker, when I get the center channel speaker then I will be able to make good judgment. However it will be a while before I make the post because you see the store I'm talking about does not restock itself until the middle or late part of next week or at least that is what the manger told me. Man the suspense is almost killing me!

Thanks for reading,
Chris

#1118 - 02/01/02 08:22 AM Re: It is the suspense that always kills me.
christiang2001 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Dump that store man. Sounds like they are giving you the run-a-round. Give your business to someone else.

If there's one thing I can't tolerate it's lying sales people.

If there isn't another store in your area that sells the same speaker find it on-line. You'll probably have it sooner anyway.

Just my opinion.

#1119 - 02/01/02 12:44 PM Re: It is the suspense that always kills me.
Thenotsonewguy Offline
Gunslinger

Nah I guess I will just have to keep my cool.
You see the store cut me a deal and said they will give me a special discount price plus the 15% off for the sale that was going on. This speaker most of the time cost around $200 even on the net but I will be able to get it from the store for about $125. So I guess I will have to wait a little while but hey since they called me today and said they would give a discount price just to keep my busiess I have brought stuff for them before you see. I'm not that mad of a person anymore, I'm still not pleased with their service but I'm not as mad as I was. I guess you could say the deal they cut me let out some steam.

Chris

#1120 - 02/01/02 12:47 PM Re: It is the suspense that always kills me.
Thenotsonewguy Offline
Gunslinger

Nah I guess I will just have to keep my cool.
You see the store cut me a deal and said they will give me a special discount price plus the 15% off for the sale that was going on. This speaker most of the time cost around $200 even on the net but I will be able to get it from the store for about $125. So I guess I will have to wait a little while but hey since they called me today and said they would give a discount price just to keep my busiess I have brought stuff for them before you see. I'm not that mad of a person anymore, I'm still not pleased with their service but I'm not as mad as I was. I guess you could say the deal they cut me let out some steam.

Chris

#1121 - 02/01/02 02:00 PM Re: It is the suspense that always kills me.
Hockeyfan6781 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Buffalo, NY 14223
what center channel?? did you go with the CV???

#1122 - 02/01/02 08:14 PM Re: It is the suspense that always kills me.
Thenotsonewguy Offline
Gunslinger

Yep Hockeyfan you are right in the end I did go with the Cerwin Vega. The E-76C to be more precise, I kind of held off in getting the CV E-706's for surrounds. I have been looking at some other CV speakers like the E-78. I think it is like the E-708 but I think it is built as a surround sound type speaker where the E-708 is more design to be used as mains. Another reason I held off in buying some surrounds is because my Onkyo came with a pair of Sony SS-MB100H surround speakers. They are no CV's thats for sure but they will have to do for now.

PS Sorry about posting the double post everyone it was an accident.

Chris

[This message has been edited by Thenotsonewguy (edited February 01, 2002).]

#1123 - 02/03/02 01:25 PM Re: It is the suspense that always kills me.
Thenotsonewguy Offline
Gunslinger

I was wondering Hockeyfan did you ever get a pair of new surround sound speakers? If you did, did you end up buying the E0706's?

Who's Online
0 registered (), 145 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts