Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#376 - 11/30/01 03:46 PM Wild volume incident
glenl Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
I did a search on "volume" and nothing like this turned up.

The (manual) volume control on my 1050 has a tendency to increase the volume when I turn it counter-clockwise. The first time was a spin move to decrease quickly and the volume (and volume number) more the wrong way. I've noticed that it is only working properly now when I slooowly decrease the volume.

I almost always use the remote so this is not really a problem and since this incident I have found better ways to quiet the system when I am closer to the 1050 than its remote.

Otherwise, I like the feel of the volume knob and have really enjoyed the system. If someone else has experienced this problem and has a fix it would be great if you could email me.

-glen

#377 - 12/06/01 11:38 AM Re: Wild volume incident
Phil Wang Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Long Island, NY, USA
I've also noticed that my volume knob is on the fritz. I've been lazy to call Outlaw support, but I probably should. Like yours, my volume knob turns the volume UP when you're trying the turn the volume down. I also seldom use the knob since the remote works fine.

#378 - 12/07/01 01:21 AM Re: Wild volume incident
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Me too... I wasn't too worried about it since I'm very rarely without remote on hand. But after seeing this post I tried it out. I get the same response, erratic up and down of the volume level, inconsistent with direction, when turning the manual knob.

#379 - 12/07/01 01:28 AM Re: Wild volume incident
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Must be a quirk of the 1050's volume knob, then, because mine's always been a little sporatic about changing volume by small increments when I use the knob.

#380 - 12/20/01 06:16 PM Re: Wild volume incident
Firestarter Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

My knob doesn't usually increase when I turn it down, but it rarely does anything at all. Not up, not down. Works fine until the dreaded batteries die on the remote and you have to live with a fixed volume for a couple of weeks.

Firestarter

#381 - 12/20/01 06:51 PM Re: Wild volume incident
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
What ever happened to "real" volume knobs, anyway? The kind where there is a fixed relationship to the position of the knob and the volume of the device. The kind that can't be spun past their min-volume or max-volume points and have a nice little dot or mark on the knob to tell you where it is.

#382 - 12/20/01 10:24 PM Re: Wild volume incident
wangotango Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: ft wayne indiana
that would be too easy!

scott

#383 - 08/28/04 07:03 PM Re: Wild volume incident
Juanisan Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Chambersburg, PA USA
I know this thread is ancient. BUt I had the same exact problem. I had been using the remote so much that I never noticed that when I walked up to it and tried to lower the volume it shot UP.

I called Outlaw and they told me it was a certain lot of receivers that had this fault and I got a new (or refurbished - I forget and could care less) one shipped to me! My shipping back was expensive. (E-gads Mailboxes, etc)

But my new one functions flawlessly!!!

I hope the rest of you found out eventually!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 116 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts