Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#4208 - 06/07/03 01:31 PM Problem with 1050
JasonA Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Marion, Iowa
I just bought a used 1050 from Audiogon. The original owner told me it worked perfectly before he sent it to me. It arrived the other day, and I finally got around to hooking it up this morning. I just wanted to test it out quickly, so I only have 2 speakers and a CD player hooked to it. Through any of the "analog" inputs, I get a horrible distortion. It's almost a modulation. This isn't a subtle or minor thing - it's completely unlistenable. However, through the 5.1 inputs, it sounds perfect. That would seem to rule out any kind of problem with the CD player, cables, etc. I guess that would pretty much narrow it down to the A/D or D/A conversion processes. I haven't tried a digital connection yet, so for now I can't narrow the problem down any further. Is there something here that I'm missing? Seems like this is a problem outside of some simple setting. The 1050 was shipped in the original packaging, via UPS. The box arrived in fine condition, but I guess it could have still been dropped or something to mess up a solder joint or something. Anybody have any other ideas I could try? Also, is the warranty transferrable?

Thanks,
Jason

#4209 - 06/07/03 06:06 PM Re: Problem with 1050
ssand Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Holland, Pa USA
Jason I can't address the cause of your problem but I can tell you that the warranty is transferable. I just had situation similar to yours where I bought a 1050 off a gentlemen on Audiogon and had a problem with it three weeks later. Outlaw customer service was great and serviced the unit at their California facility. Try talking to Scott or Mike at Outlaw on Monday. Good luck, it is a great receiver for music and movies.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts