Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#4062 - 05/02/03 09:02 PM Now Video 3 thinks it's Video 1
Matthew Wolf Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Has anyone else had this problem and am I just doing something stupid? It's been over a year since I last hooked my 1050 up. Anyway, I have my S-VHS VCR plugged into Video 1 (S-Video, RCA Audio), Video 2 is my cable box (S-Video, RCA Audio), and Video 3 is unused. However when I switch to Video 3, I get the video from Video 1, but not the audio. That seems strange to me. I'm already having a problem with the digital inputs (I've confirmed that the problem is not just with the coax, but with the optical inputs too) so it's already going in for service, but I wanted to see if there was something I was doing that was incorrect.

#4063 - 05/02/03 09:40 PM Re: Now Video 3 thinks it's Video 1
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Well, when switching from a video input to an audio-only input, the video switching stays at the last video input used. I don't remember my 1050 behaving the same when switched to video inputs without video cables connected and I've never heard of any such behavior before, but I don't know if I ever actually tried it when I had my 1050. Were you switching from the VCR (video1) to video3 when this happened? If you go to video2 and then directly to video3, does the video source stay at video2?

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#4064 - 05/02/03 09:57 PM Re: Now Video 3 thinks it's Video 1
Matthew Wolf Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Say I have a tape in the VCR playing and the cable box on, so I have signals on both Video 1 and Video 2. If I switch to Video 3, I get the Video signal from the VCR (Video 1) but not the audio.

I also tried hooking my video camera (RCA Audio and Composite Video) up to Video 3 so now I have three signals coming in. The result of that is the audio from my video camera but the video from the VCR. If I shut off the VCR or unhook the S-Video connector, I lose the picture completely on Video 3. It's as if Video 3 is looking at the S-Video connection from Video 1 and ignoring the component video input for Video 3. Argh, this is frustrating.

Thanks for you help gonk.

#4065 - 05/03/03 01:16 PM Re: Now Video 3 thinks it's Video 1
e-dogg Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: OHIO
I have my vcr and cable hooked up the same way. When I switch to video 3 I get no video or audio output.It sounds like your video3 and video1 are on the same connection. You could try the RCA video connections as a check maybe.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 145 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts