Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#4056 - 04/30/03 10:59 PM 1050 not recognizing PCM input from DVD player
Matthew Wolf Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I have a Toshiba SD1200 DVD player hooked up to my 1050 with a Dayton Audio Digital Coax Cable. I cannot get an audio signal from the DVD player. The digital input select for the DVD player is set to Coax and I tried hooking up the digital coax cable between the analog output on the DVD player and the analog input on the 1050 to make sure the cable worked, and the audio came through loud and clear. I've tried all three audio output settings on my DVD player (Bitstream, PCM, and Analog 2Ch), nothing works.

When I cycle through the digital inputs, Dolby Digital indicator lights up for a few seconds with a flashing arrow next to the Dolby Digital label on the front of the 1050. However, after a second or two, the Dolby Digital indicator and arrow go out and the Dolby Pro-Logic light comes on and the arrow next to PCM starts to flash. I haven't had the system hooked up in over a year, so it is likely I'm doing something wrong, but I'm stumpped. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks a ton.

- Matt

#4057 - 05/01/03 04:51 PM Re: 1050 not recognizing PCM input from DVD player
m-mmeyer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chanhassen, MN, USA
On the Toshiba models you need to select "bitstream" for DD or DTS. Then make sure your 1050 is set to the correct digital input. You may also want to verify you are plugged in to the correct ports on both ends. You may also have to restart the disc you are testing with when you switch to bitstream. That should work. Let us know if it doesn't and we will brainstorm some more.

------------------
m-mmeyer
GO TWINS
My DVD's
"Pain heals, Chicks dig scars and glory is forever"
From the mouth of Keanu Reeves one the great pundits of our time! smile

#4058 - 05/01/03 05:21 PM Re: 1050 not recognizing PCM input from DVD player
Matthew Wolf Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I'll give it a shot when I get home, thanks. I did switch the output to bitstream on the DVD player (in addition to PCM and Analog), but I did it in the middle of playing a disc, maybe that was the problem. I'll restart it after the switch and see if it works. I'll let you know.

Thanks again.

#4059 - 05/01/03 06:02 PM Re: 1050 not recognizing PCM input from DVD player
m-mmeyer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chanhassen, MN, USA
My Toshiba normally doesn't have a problem switching to bitstream during a movie but it doesn't always let me switch to 6ch analog in the middle of the movie. Also on most toshibas you can hit the audio button on the remote and it will let you select from the available audio tracks on the disc, you may have been outputing prologic from the disc.

------------------
m-mmeyer
GO TWINS
My DVD's
From the mouth of Keanu Reeves one the great pundits of our time! smile

#4060 - 05/01/03 07:45 PM Re: 1050 not recognizing PCM input from DVD player
Matthew Wolf Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Well, I just go home and tried what you suggested and still no dice. It's as if the 1050 isn't receiving the digital signal. I know the cable is good, but I have no way of testing the DVD player. I hooked up my cable box which also has a digital output and still no sound. I'm thinking the digital input on the 1050 is bad. I don't have any optical components to test the Toslink connections unfortunately. Thanks for all your help, any other suggestions? I'm hoping one of the Outlaws is reading this and can offer some suggestions too. I wonder if this is a typical problem.

#4061 - 05/01/03 08:30 PM Re: 1050 not recognizing PCM input from DVD player
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
There were some posts a ways back on this board about people experiencing problems with the optical input, specifically Optical 1. I don't think I remember anything about coax input issues but it is possible. If you need a quick fix, an optical cable isn't all that expensive or you can buy a coax to optical converter. Otherwise, I think it might be a good time to contact Outlaw technical support. Good luck and I hope it all works out.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts