Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#3835 - 04/02/03 12:25 PM Video switching
kaf27033 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: lincoln, ne
I know that the 1050 does not support Component video switching, but I am not sure what this includes. If I have a s-video cord for the monitor out connected to my tv, will that carry the signal from my VCR (or PS2) which just uses a standard 1 wire video cable, to the tv also? I will plug my dvd player into the 1050 with s-video (so I assume it will switch that fine) but the others I will have to use standard video. thanks for any help.

#3836 - 04/02/03 12:54 PM Re: Video switching
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The 1050's video switching supports S-video inputs or composite (standard video) inputs. The 1050 does not convert between the two, however, so if you connect your DVD player via S-video and your VCR via composite, you will need to have both S-video and composite video cables between the 1050 and your TV - the S-video cable to the TV will carry the signal from your DVD player when you have the DVD input selected, while the composite cable will carry the signal from your VCR when you have its input selected.

Also, this doesn't really help you much with the VCR, but I know that cables are available for the PS2 with S-video connectors on them.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#3837 - 04/02/03 02:24 PM Re: Video switching
kaf27033 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: lincoln, ne
Thanks for the reply. Just for clarification. I should connect the composite video connection (out) from video 1 on the 1050, to my tv. This will put all composite video connections to that input on my tv. and monitor out (s-video) will put all s-video connections to my tv?

#3838 - 04/02/03 03:19 PM Re: Video switching
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Yes. You will need to connect both the composite and S-video monitor outs from the 1050 to your TV. With most TV's, you will need to switch it between the two inputs depending on which source you are using.

Some TV's may have a single input with both composite and S-video, in which case when an S-video cable is connected the composite input on the TV is disabled. My TV is like that, and at one time I had to connect my VCR into the front video input and the DVD player into the rear (S-video) input. Just something to watch for...

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

Who's Online
0 registered (), 75 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts