Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#1576 - 03/11/02 09:08 AM TDXS595 and 1050?
Alberta Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
As one of those who reads everything he can find, and still has a hard time making a decision, I have come here looking for someone who has a semi-objective view on the 1050 vs the Onkyo TDXS595. Living in Canada, the "try it out and send it back" option isn't as easy an option (I think) because of shipping charges that I would be very hesitant to pay. I like the concept of 6.1 vs 5.1, but I am not going to buy the extra speaker - cannot afford it. (although I guess I could use one of the old ones from my present ancient stereo system) I am not sure how much difference the PL2 would make and would like to get someone who knows more than I (which would be almost everyone) to give me some feedback on this - and anything else that might help me get off of this fence. If it makes a difference, I will make more use of the system with music than with movies. Thx for any input in advance.

Ed

#1577 - 03/11/02 11:39 AM Re: TDXS595 and 1050?
MCH Offline
Gunslinger

I just bought the 1050 recently and live in Canada. The cost broke down as follows:
$514 US (B stock - for receiver and UPS shipping
$208 CAD (duties, brokerage fees, taxes(BC))
Am I happy with the purchase? Yes! For the price I think it is quite hard to match anything off the shelf. I was previously using a JVC 8000. Playing CDs with my Toshiba and JVC I would use anolog line outs because DACs in the Toshiba were better than the ones in the JVC. With the Outlaw I'm back with a coax because the DAC in the Outlaw sounds better. Music sounded very good. Speakers also make a difference here. Good speakers will even sound better. DVD movies were more powerful and eveloping. I believe the discrete channel powering makes a difference; plus the Outlaw uses good electronics to backup that power (that's why it weighs 37#) The rating of 65W in the Outlaw is more powerful than the JVC rating of 120W (into 2 channels - 100W x 5).
It really is a good buy!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 75 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts