Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#32119 - 10/23/08 11:27 AM Volume Control Effected By Other Remotes
jwb474 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Plano, TX
I have a problem similar to one mention earlier. Many commands from my Toshiba TV remote and Motorola Cable Box remote effect the RR's volume control. I can't seem to work around this issue. Any Help would be appreciated.

#32120 - 10/31/08 11:50 AM Re: Volume Control Effected By Other Remotes
sobenha Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Baltimore, Maryland
I had the same problem with my Motorola Cable Box remote. I would suggest that you contact Tech Support to resolve the issue. In my case, they provided a replacement - how long have you had your unit? They may be willing to do the same in your case.

#32121 - 11/02/08 12:40 PM Re: Volume Control Effected By Other Remotes
jwb474 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Plano, TX
I did contact the Tech Support. I did some tests they recommended. The problem is the command that releases the volume is not triggering. If you press any remote command after adjusting the volume, then the interference does not happen. They did not offer to update the code or replace the unit. It was a B stock unit and now I guess I know why. A simple work around was to program the macros in my remote that issues a "0" after turning on the receiver and also program a button that is underneath the volume keys that I press after adjusting the volume. At first a pain, but now it is instinctive.

#32122 - 01/13/09 01:45 AM Re: Volume Control Effected By Other Remotes
bobtrout Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NYC
Scott-or anybody else. I'm having the brutal remote/volume level problem and my girlfriend may kill me if I don't get it resolved. Any and all remotes move the volume in scary and shocking ways. I bought the unit in July or August so it sounds like the similar problem others are having. Please e-mail me asap so I can get this resolved.
Thank you.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 177 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts