Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#31801 - 03/10/08 01:00 AM Needle Drop'd (on the cheap) Simple Yet Effective !
Sweet Spot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY, NY
My setup:

Outlaw Audio RR2150 Tape OUT via RCA cables > to 1/4" Jack adapter + 1 mini to mini extension cord directly to the Line In port of my ROCKbox'd iRiver H120 DAP:

I realize it's fugly beyond all hopes, but I sanded it and messed it up a LOT. I'll one day get different housing for it. But, doesn't matter, it's the best DAP out there. Wish they still made it.

Unfortunately, Audacity in Ubuntu works like crap, so I will have to do the editing in Windows when I have the time. As for the recording, I defeated the tone controls, and the wav files sound great ! No clipping or distortion, just whatever my needle heard, and that's it.

I can make FLAC's out of them, but the files will still be large, but it's good enough to make a CD, nonetheless. Now all I need is a decent way to clean my vinyl. Stupid D4 brush is horrible and only creates more of a mess than before I started cleaning.

Anyway, I just wanted to note my satisfaction in regards to how simple it was for me to do a needle drop, without the need for a complicated setup.

I actually also have a mini disc recorder (Sharp MD MT90) which would do a good job I'm sure. I guess this can be done with an iPod as well, if one has the recording accessory.

doug

#31802 - 03/10/08 03:46 AM Re: Needle Drop'd (on the cheap) Simple Yet Effective !
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Cool setup, Sweet Spot.

Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users