Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#28472 - 04/29/06 11:11 AM Remote help using Source Selection Buttons and Analog bypass
Ron-P Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Surf City, CA
I set up the remote to operate my HD-DVD player, and projector and remote lighting.

I am using the 5.1 analog inputs from my HD-DVD player. When in bypass mode if select DVD on the remote it drops the audio out of the Analog Bypass mode, changing the audio input. Does the same if I hit the TV button or AUX button as well.

Is there anyway to set up all the Source Buttons on the remote for Analog input so when I am changing sources it does not change the audio input?

#28473 - 04/29/06 01:20 PM Re: Remote help using Source Selection Buttons and Analog bypass
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
There's not a way to change the behavior of the source buttons (since they double as the input selection buttons), and the 950 didn't allow you to permanently assign the six channel analog input as the audio source for an input. There is an option, though. I used an old macro trick to set one of the "M" buttons at the bottom to act as a duplicate of the "6CH" button. That way, I could select "DVD" and just hit "M3" to toggle the six channel input on for DVD-Audio. This would also let you use your HD-DVD player for regular DVD's with the digital output or for HD-DVD's with the multichannel analog output.

#28474 - 04/29/06 02:25 PM Re: Remote help using Source Selection Buttons and Analog bypass
Ron-P Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I will give that a try, thanks gonk.

#28475 - 05/03/06 10:37 AM Re: Remote help using Source Selection Buttons and Analog bypass
Ron-P Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Well, I could not get the remote to work like I wanted so I went out and bought a Harmony 628. $50 bucks and it works pretty darn good. Need to spend sometime tweaking it but it's an impressive remote and the online set-up is pretty cool.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 69 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts