Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#27838 - 03/07/05 12:12 PM Sony codes
Rex Bills Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Portland, OR, USA
I would like to program my Sony receiver to the "AUX" button. Can you supply a code for me? I have had my 950 since it's original offering. It performs flawlessly!

#27839 - 03/07/05 12:44 PM Re: Sony codes
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The SL-9000 manual includes a wealth of codes as well as instructions on how to program a device to a different type of device button. You will need to re-assign the AUX button to control a receiver at the same time that you enter the receiver's code. The instructions on how to do this are on page 33 of the SL-9000 manual (press AUX and MUTE simultaneously, then press AUD, then enter a set-up code for a Sony receiver from the list at the back of the manual - there's a ton of them on page 41 of the manual, and press AUX to save the code when the correct code is entered).

An alternative to this is to simply learn the commands from your Sony remote to the 950's remote one command at a time. That may sound tedious if you've never done it, but it is actually not too difficult and process and can allow you to put the commands exactly where you expect them to be.

#27840 - 03/08/05 02:58 PM Re: Sony codes
Rex Bills Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Thanks, gonk. I already tried that approach, but Universal Remote has taken the SL-9000 manual off their website. If you could give me a list of the Sony receiver codes I would REALLY appreciate it.

#27841 - 03/08/05 03:08 PM Re: Sony codes
gonk Offline
Desperado

Looks like they've re-organized their site a bit - the manual's not gone, it's just not at the old link that I had bookmarked. Try this link for the complete SL-9000 manual.

#27842 - 03/08/05 04:18 PM Re: Sony codes
Rex Bills Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Wow, you're fast! Thanks for your help. I wish I could say the codes worked, but for some reason they didn't nor did the scanning technique. I'll play with the macro buttons next. This is not high priority, but it would be fun to put away all other remotes. At least I've got it down to two.

#27843 - 03/08/05 04:29 PM Re: Sony codes
gonk Offline
Desperado

Did you remember to re-assign the AUX button to an AUD device? Without this step, the remote will be using the AUX device code library instead of the audio (receiver) code library, and you'll never have any luck. Learning, on the other hand, shouldn't care what device code library is assigned, and you should be able to learn the commands from the old Sony remote to the 950's remote.

#27844 - 03/09/05 01:42 PM Re: Sony codes
Rex Bills Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I'm not sure how to do that. I want to keep the AUD button for the exclusive control of the 950. I have worked out a usable control of the receiver with the macro buttons so I am fine for now. Mucho thanks!

#27845 - 03/09/05 05:37 PM Re: Sony codes
gonk Offline
Desperado

I'm glad to hear that the macro buttons have gotten you squared away.

There is a bit of a trick to teaching an audio device code to a button other than the AUD button (and as you already clearly recognize, teaching it to the AUD button would be a very bad thing as long as you want to control the 950 from the remote). The instructions for doing this are under "D:" of "Advanced Features" in the SL-9000 manual (page 33, or page 34 in the PDF file). I outlined the process in my first post of this thread, but the manual offers greater detail. The goal is to tell the remote that you are using the audio device code library to program the AUX button.

I know I've mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I have found that with most universal remotes it ends up being easier in the long run to learn commands directly from the device remote to the universal remote (assuming the device's remote is still available). If you've messed with this in the past and found it not to your liking, obviously this advice is of no use to you, but if you haven't tried this yet I'd recommend giving it a try once just to see what's involved - you may find that it is a pretty handy way to customize the 950's remote to your needs.

#27846 - 04/08/05 03:35 PM Re: Sony codes
Bridge Guy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, WV
Gents-
I have fallen into the trap having in some manner or other reprogrammed my 9000 aud button. Nothing I have tried works to get it back. Aud does not turn the 950 on, power does not turn it off. Pressing aud and mute or aud and sel merely lights up one of the other top buttons. I've downloaded the 9000 manual, gone through it, read the words off the 950 manual, zilch.

I have a Sony cd player with SACD and cannot switch to 6 channel with the remote. Now I did buy a Remote Central MX500 last fall and programmed some of the 950 commands (thankfully 6 channel was one of them) but it won't change AM/FM channels, for instance.

Any advice? I am willing to even reset the whole thing, start over but that won't work either.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts