Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#27847 - 03/09/05 07:35 PM Outlaw's Next 7.1 Preamp
Critical Path Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Los Angeles
I've just heard this is in the works and will be offered sometime this year. I was told it will have improvements like hdmi, and a new look, and will cost a bit over $1k. Does anyone have any details???

#27848 - 03/09/05 07:37 PM Re: Outlaw's Next 7.1 Preamp
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Outlaw has a new preamp coming out. wink

#27849 - 03/09/05 10:07 PM Re: Outlaw's Next 7.1 Preamp
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
This is interesting news, and it's new to me. I've assumed they have a new one in the works, but the assumptions of a gunslinger way down in the land of Elvis and earthquakes isn't anything I'd take to the bank...

#27850 - 03/09/05 11:09 PM Re: Outlaw's Next 7.1 Preamp
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
This is interesting news, and it's new to me. I've assumed they have a new one in the works, but the assumptions of a gunslinger way down in the land of Elvis and earthquakes isn't anything I'd take to the bank...
If they don't at some point in the future, they must be folding up shop and hanging up their guns. eek

#27851 - 03/10/05 07:38 AM Re: Outlaw's Next 7.1 Preamp
psklenar Offline
Desperado

Loc: Southern New England, USA
S.H.,

Well, if you think back, the Outlaws really took a pounding for announcing and then having to delay the 950. Afterwards, they came right out and said they'd not announce anything new and major until it was ready to ship. We know they are working on several new products for release this year from the last few newsletters. It's very possible one of the things they are working are a new prepro. I expect something will be announced at, or around, the NYC Home Entertainment show ... simply because they've done that several times. But after the 950 release ... I wouldn't hold my breath to find out what's coming. smile

Just another cheap gunslinger's two cents worth,

#27852 - 03/10/05 10:59 AM Re: Outlaw's Next 7.1 Preamp
Scott Offline
Desperado

Hello All,

For the record these are the only official announcements made regarding a new processor:

Excerpt taken from the Dec. 2004 Newsletter
"Finally, before we leave the topic of new products, let us answer any speculation that might arise as the result of the price reduction for the Model 950. It is no secret that we are working on plans for a new preamp/processor; we’ve mentioned such a product before. However, it is way too early to discuss any specifics as to the feature set, and the introduction date has not been determined other than by saying that it will be at some point during 2005. Other than acknowledging that we will eventually have such a product, our only other comment is that the price is still a moving target subject to a final determination of the features, the rising cost of raw materials, particularly steel and copper, and the currency fluctuations that impact the value of the US dollar in the world market. We can say with certainty that the new processor’s price will be higher than that of the Model 950 when it was introduced, but you can rest assured that it will also deliver features and performance that will be as big a breakthrough when it ships as the Model 950 has been from the start – and as it continues to be with the newly reduced price.

OK, we can’t help ourselves. We’ll tempt you with one more hint that those of you who saw our new cable products and the prototype of our Model 790 power amplifier at the Home Entertainment Show in New York might have already figured out. The new processor/preamp will include balanced outputs, which is one of the reasons that the pricing will be substantially above that of the original Model 950 price."

We invite you to stay tuned to your favorite Outlaw channel for updates on all things Outlaw.

#27853 - 03/10/05 12:43 PM Re: Outlaw's Next 7.1 Preamp
boblinds Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Los Angeles
Hah, Gonk! And, again, I say HAH!

New pre/pro confirmation! From Scott!

So let thee go thy way from this time forward and never again doubt the veracity of those of us who live "way down in the land of Elvis and earthquakes."

laugh

#27854 - 03/10/05 01:12 PM Re: Outlaw's Next 7.1 Preamp
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Umm... dude. Since when was LA the land of the Big E? Pretty sure that was Memphis. Please note place of residency for Mr. Gonk.

Next time, I'd suggest keeping it simple. Something like, "Burn!"

Of course, that's a lot funnier if you enjoy That 70's Show.

#27855 - 03/10/05 01:27 PM Re: Outlaw's Next 7.1 Preamp
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Points to Owl's_Warder - L.A. may have earthquakes as well (a little different than the ones the New Madrid fault has been known to reel off every few centuries, of course), but they don't have Graceland!

#27856 - 03/10/05 09:16 PM Re: Outlaw's Next 7.1 Preamp
Paratrooper Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Conyers,GA,USA
I hope that the next 7.1 preamp has a lot more features than Balanced Outputs to justify the price above the 950. IMO balanced outputs are not necessary in most home applications. However, I do understand the marketing. When you have an amp with Balanced Inputs, it make sense to have a preamp that matches. It will be very interesting from a pricing stand point, to look at the 1070 for use as a preamp vs the new 7.1 preamp. smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 109 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,692 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM