Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#25008 - 01/03/04 11:59 PM No video signal on VCR OUT jack for recording
dvzzz Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: IL
I have completely re-wired my HT and now I am using 950 as a switch. Can you be so kind to help me figure out why I am not getting any video signal on the VCR-OUT composite jack on 950, even though I am getting video signal if I connect it to composite OUT video jack on 950.
It records audio but no video. I have double-checked by connecting to composite OUT jack on 950 and then VCR records video too. I am trying to record off the devices connected either to S-Video INPUT 3 or to INPUT 1.
Thank you.
P.S. Sorry for previous post, hit Enter too early.

#25009 - 03/15/04 05:36 PM Re: No video signal on VCR OUT jack for recording
drkosmo Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Brunswick, Maine, USA
Hey, dvzzz!
Did you ever get a response to this question? I couldn't find one. I have a similar, but different, problem: My 950 does NOT provide a composite VCR OUT signal with just an s-video IN connection from the DVD. When I connect an additional composite IN connection from the DVD player, then there is a composite VCR OUT signal! Composite OUT from 950 to the monitor works just fine for both s-video and composite IN from the DVD, and audio works just fine for all cases. It looks like a failure of conversion from S-video to composite, but just for the VCR OUT, which is contrary to what's advertized on page 20 of the manual. Since I found no other posts on this subject, I'm assuming it's something I'm doing wrong! Anyone have any helpful comments?

#25010 - 11/28/04 07:58 PM Re: No video signal on VCR OUT jack for recording
moregearman Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: nj
Hey yoy guys, I just opened a ticket on this. My post reads almost word for word as yours.
I can easily connect BOTH svideo and composite outputs to the 950 from the satellite receiver, but then which signal is output from the svideo out on the 950? Composite, or svideo????

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts