Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#24992 - 12/30/03 04:15 PM Drop outs due to static...
Bummeout Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Downers Grove, IL
Hey folks....I hope some one can lend me a hand. I've had the 950/7100 set up for about 1/2 year now. I love it!!! There is only one thing that I can't figure out. Now that we are in the DRY mid-western winter time....anytime I touch a light switch or plug anything into another electrical outlet in my theater room, my audio drops out for about 2 seconds and then restores. I don't hear any clicking or switching from the unit when this happens. Is this some type of grounding issue??? What can I do to resolve it. Thanks in advance for your advice.

#24993 - 01/22/04 05:24 PM Re: Drop outs due to static...
atillo Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I had the same problem with my 950's. I tried 2 of them. I never had the problem with Onkyo receivers or sony receivers in my system. I tried 2 different 950's loved the sound could not stand the dropouts. I sent the 950's back and got an HK 325, guess what I had the same problem. It only happens through the digital coaxial connection. If you can switch to optical it will stop. I had to stay with coaxial digital connection I stopped it on the HK by running my coaxial digital output to my panamax surge suppressor then to the the HK. It stopped it for 99% of the time. I can now count on one hand the number of dropouts due to static. This may work for you good luck.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 144 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts