I have been patiently awaiting the release and availability of the Denon 5900 DVD player. The back of the player has a set of bnc connections for the component video(set of RCAs, too). There is a statement about 'less noise' using this connection which got me to thinking.

1. Can I improve my picture by constructing my own RGB cables using a 75 Ohm cable or will the DVI still provide the best possible picture?(Using a Samsung 931 via DVI until the Denon arrives)
2. At what distance should I consider using 75 Ohm cables vs. a custom made DVI cable?

I have not dabled in cable arena too much as of yet - outside of of buying Tributaries best cables for interconnects. However, I have a lot of cables going out of my cabinet - power, speaker, video signal, 2-sat disk and 1-OTA and I am wondering about noise and EMI.

I think my video is solid with the Samsung, but I am positive the Denon will be a major upgrade, but I can't help wondering if I could improve the signal by moving to 75 Ohm custome cables for RGB, or should I just stick with the DVI and do some physical separating of my cable runs in the cabinet?

Thanx all in advance for the help.

phatlac