Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#23383 - 06/14/04 08:08 AM Calling Gonk.......
Nemos2 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Huntington, WV
Gonk,

I know that you have a mixture of Bettercables and outlaw cables. I just got a new TV and need some component cables, and I am not sure which to get, outlaws PSC or bettercables silver serpent reference cables. I was wondering if you had any expirence with either of these cables.

Second group of questions :
1. What is the bandwidth of the Outlaw cable?

2. What % coverage is the sheilding on the outlaw cables?

Thanks for the help.

Nemos2

#23384 - 06/14/04 08:35 AM Re: Calling Gonk.......
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I've noticed that BetterCables products have steadily gotten more and more expensive for little or no particular reason. I would not recommend them -- they've built up a loyal following with a lot of web sites (DVD review sites as well some home theater sites), but after having compared their products to other cables I just can't justify their additional cost.

I don't know the bandwidth rating or percent of shielding coverage on the PSC's, but I know that the PSC is 75-ohm rated and was built primarily for component video applications. I would expect it to be as good a cable as you could ask for in that application. I'd have picked up some myself when I got my HDTV recently, but budget constraints led me to pick up some Blue Jeans Cables component cables for the time being.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

#23385 - 06/14/04 09:24 AM Re: Calling Gonk.......
Nemos2 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Huntington, WV
Gonk,

Thanks, I have noticed the upward price trend of bettercables as well. I was a big fan, and have almost all bettercables so....I was a little shocked to see the price they have the silver serpent reference cable at.

If anyone else knows, I would still like to know what the bandwidth on the outlaw cables are, and what % coverage the sheilding is...

thanks guys..

#23386 - 06/14/04 10:18 AM Re: Calling Gonk.......
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Prior to my TV dying I replaced my mish-mash component video hookup(patch cords I had laying around!) to some RCA Digital cords from Home Depot. These cost less than $20. The same cables were $30 at a local electronis/appliance store, so I know how big of a markup wire/cable enjoys. I don't know specs like you are seeking, but now I have color-coded connectors to make hookup goof-proof!

#23387 - 06/15/04 10:16 AM Re: Calling Gonk.......
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
bettercables have gotten worse, as far as price goes at least. it is not surprising that they have done so, since they built up their reputation with high value cables and now can afford to charge more and still sell their products (which is what every other expensive cable company does). nothing like selling out for the buck! greed will usually make the bubble burst though...

------------------
This post has been brought to you by curegeorg, thanks for reading.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 240 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts