Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#23080 - 06/03/03 11:24 PM Connecting TV without component connections
daddy_guy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Redwood City, Ca USA
OK. I'm still living in the stone age when it comes to the latest TV's with all the newest and coolest goodies ( I am moving to an Outlaw 950/755 combo soon, so I will kinda join the 21st century...). My only choices are S-Video or composite video connections. Right now I use a pretty good S-Video cable (Straightwire Silver S)for most video connections, and wondered if Outlaws PSC cable would work well as a composite video connection. Anyone ever try any kind of comparisons? Any ideas???

#23081 - 06/27/03 06:31 PM Re: Connecting TV without component connections
master of disaster Offline
Gunslinger

from what I understand coaxial cables are designed for composite connections so it should work great!Let me know if you try this as I have been curious how much of an improvement a psc cable would make-for my vcr for example.By the way s video should be superior to composite connection,regardless of the cable.

#23082 - 06/27/03 07:44 PM Re: Connecting TV without component connections
daddy_guy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Redwood City, Ca USA
I have always figured that a good S-Video cable(Straightwire is a quality S-Video cable, in my opinion)usually outshined almost any composite cable, but Outlaws' PSCs seems to be a cut above most of the standard composite type cables...(just like everything else they offer).....
kinda wondered why Outlaw has never made a S-Video cable for us "stone age" folks....I will do some comparisons and let everyone know what I discover...I plan on using PSC's for both digital audio and possibly some video connections anyway, so a little experimenting should be fun....
anyone else care to chime in????????????? I need all the help I can get, and I feel all you Outlaws out there writing in these forums are some of the smartest, wisest, and most helpful gunslingers around!!!

#23083 - 06/30/03 07:53 AM Re: Connecting TV without component connections
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
As a matter of fact, Outlaw has plans to release an s-video cable in the near future (it was mentioned in a newsletter earlier this year). I'm looking forward to them, as my system is currently wired entirely in s-video (a combination of older Better Cables, Better Cables' Silver Serpent, and Blue Jeans Cables s-vid).

I haven't had an opportunity to experiment with the PSC's, since my video cabling is all s-video and the only coax digital output I have in the system at the moment is on my digital cable box. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts if you do some experimenting.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

Who's Online
0 registered (), 79 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM