Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#22973 - 02/15/03 05:41 AM Anyone using PSC's for Component Vid?
SpOoNmAn Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Independence, Ohio, USA!!
I'm ready to buy the set of 3, but would like to know if any outlaws are using them for Component Video connections..and if so, how pleased you are with the setup.

I was about to get the bettercables one but noticed they are not solid silver, just silver coated

I have 2 PSC's now being used by my dvd player and cd player. I sold the 3rd to a friend . Hey! I had an idea! I'll have him bring his over and ill have 3 to test out. LOL, its almost 6am, I'm allowed to be slow.

Any input would still be welcomed

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/spoonmandts

#22974 - 02/22/03 06:06 PM Re: Anyone using PSC's for Component Vid?
SpOoNmAn Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Independence, Ohio, USA!!
I borrowed a friends Outlaw 1.2 meter PSC and coupled it with my pair and tried them as Component vid cables. WOW. As anything I try, I always do my best not to fake my brain out to make my eyes see something that isnt there.

But with the 4 or 5 dvd's we tested, we noticed very very subtle differences. Disneys Dinosaur..the dinos has some purple and blue tints on their skins. It was much more visible using the Outlaws.

Red's seem to be darker and less artificial looking. Lelu's hair in Fifth Element SuperBit was different as well, along with her eyes. The blond parting of her hear stood out more. Here eyes were more of a greenish blue and looked amazing upclose when shes on that ledge in beginning.

All in all, I will be placing another order for PSC's, I was impressed to say the least. My pioneer 53" hdtvis a great set to use as a reference. I thought My Acoustic Research Master Series Component cables would be my last purchase as far as that. Damn was I wrong

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/spoonmandts

#22975 - 05/20/03 12:15 AM Re: Anyone using PSC's for Component Vid?
TauRus Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I recently got three PSCs and am using them as component video ICs. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed with the plugs: they are not sitting as tight as let's say the plugs on PCA cables. Actually I had to use a lot more force while connecting/disconnecting y old NXG component cables compared to PSCs. I am concerned that the contact is not optimal. Aside from that, I did A/B with regualar copper component ICs and did not see any magic improvement. At least not on the 43" HDTV ready Hitachi RPTV ( I guess bigger screen sizes might be more revealing). So, I would say if your TV is 43" or less do not necesserily chase the silver coaxes - the improvements if any are not that apparent.
I think better plugs would make PSCs a real value.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 79 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM