Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#22493 - 09/21/03 04:22 PM icbm setup
racer4551 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: navarre,ohio usa
Hi all, new to this board, but have been reading posts for a while now.Great site, lots of information for people like me who are just getting into hometheater.After alot of deliberation i have just ordered icbm. I have questions on how to setup .I am planning on using it between my av receiver(marantz sr5300) and my adcom 5 channel amp.I also have a yamaha dvdc-920 dvd audio player that connects to dedicated inputs on receiver.How should i set up bass management in receiver and dvd player? Any replys would greatly be appreceiated thanks.

[This message has been edited by racer4551 (edited September 21, 2003).]

#22494 - 09/21/03 04:24 PM Re: icbm setup
racer4551 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Also forgot to add that i plan on using stereo subs(paradigm 2200)in this setup also.

#22495 - 09/22/03 09:07 AM Re: icbm setup
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Since you are using the ICBM between receiver and amp, you want to disable all bass management in the receiver and DVD-Audio player. Set the speakers to "large" and make sure the sub is turned on (so the LFE signal gets through). As for the stereo subs, connect the one LFE/sub output from the Marantz to the ICBM and connect both 2200's to the ICBM's two sub outputs, then set the "MODE" switch to "STEREO" (it ships with the switch set to "MONO" I believe). In the manual, Outlaw recommends that you play with the "MODE" switch to see which you prefer.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#22496 - 09/22/03 07:18 PM Re: icbm setup
racer4551 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Thanks for the info gonk. Hoping icbm will help with sound issues i am dealing with.I currently have an audio control rialto eq between marantz and adcom amp and i either have to much bass or not enough. Just cant find a happy medium, especially with dvd audio .Without the eq bass is almost non existant at times .Hoping icbm will fill the void, because i know subs are more than capable of producing good bass.

[This message has been edited by racer4551 (edited September 22, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by racer4551 (edited September 22, 2003).]

#22497 - 09/23/03 05:09 PM Re: icbm setup
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
Quote:
Originally posted by racer4551:
Just cant find a happy medium, especially with dvd audio .Without the eq bass is almost non existant at times .Hoping icbm will fill the void, because i know subs are more than capable of producing good bass.

Don't think that with the ICBM, although a great product, you'll be able to stop adjusting dependent on what disc your playing. Especially with the new Hi-Res formats, there can be great differences in bass volume levels from recording to recording. You will still need to adjust your equipment accordingly to make these recordings sound their best.

The ICBM does beat the EQ for volume levels because it will distribute your bass frequencies properly. With the ICBM, you won't miss any bass you should have just because your speaker is too small to reproduce it.

Hope this all makes sense. Enjoy your new toy!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 120 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts