Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#22489 - 08/06/03 03:57 PM ICBM for Fronts and Center only
hammick Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Kansas City, Missouri, USA
My new NAD T752 receiver only has inputs for the front and center channel amps. Accordingly, I will only be using these channels with the ICBM and the rears and rear center will be hooked directly to the receiver. My sub will be hooked to the ICBM.

What is the best way to set the bass management for the rears and rear center in the receiver to ensure that the bass I cut out of those channels is redirected to the sub by the ICBM? If I set them to small and subwoofer on will the receiver direct the bass to the fronts or just to sub or both.

I am worried about the bass not reaching my sub since the sub is connected to the ICBM and not the reciever.

Any help will be much appreciated.

#22490 - 08/07/03 01:14 AM Re: ICBM for Fronts and Center only
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mountain View, CA, USofA
OK, tell us more about the rest of your system (what other pieces of equipment are you using) and how you propose to hook it up.

Paul

------------------
the 1derful1

#22491 - 08/07/03 10:33 AM Re: ICBM for Fronts and Center only
hammick Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Ok here goes.

I have two separate rooms. One for HT and one for music. The music room has Mirage M790 bipolars and a Mirage bipolar sub. The Towers seem capable of running full range but I think I get better overall performance cutting the lowest bass out of them.

The fronts in the HT room are Def. Tech PM500s. The have powered 8" subs in them. I also run a separate Mirage sub in HT room. I use a Mirage MC-SI for center, Def Tech BPX2s for the rears and a crappy Polk audio for the rear center (bought the Polk before this sick habit really hit me).

Both the music speakers and fronts in HT run off a Parasound Halo A23 (125w x2) using a separate speaker switch (the Mirage are bi-wired). The center runs off a Marantz Monoblock (125w). The rears run directly off the NAD and the Center rear is redirected through the center channel of the NAD (preout directed to main in). The remaining fronts on the NAD run patio speakers (separate preamp routed to main in of fronts on NAD).

I don't have SACD or DVD-A. Most of my music is from an Audiotron or regular CDs.

I was planning on setting the NAD as follows:

Fronts to large sub on.
Center to large sub on.
Rears to small sub on.
Rear center to small sub on.

I would hook all four subs (the def techs have lfe inputs) to the ICBM using the mono setting and a high quality splitter.

I would set the crossovers for the fronts and center using ICBM and the rears and rear center with the bass management in the receiver. I would set the delays for the rears as usual in the receiver.

Down the road when I get a new receiver or separates I would utilize the full inputs of the ICBM.

Anything I should be weary of or should change. Any help will be much appreciated. I am currently in a big rackmounting project and once I get it all installed it will be a real pain to change things around so I would like to get it hooked up the best way from the start.

Thanks.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 120 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts