Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#22430 - 02/19/03 10:27 AM stereo outputs
Stuart C. Pittman Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Palm Bay Fl
These stereo outputs are they 1)left and right main or all 2)front and rear summed.I would like to detect a sumbmarine by its rumble behind me before it sneaks in on screen!Or will it be silent running or worse yet rumble left and appear from behind?

#22431 - 02/19/03 10:43 AM Re: stereo outputs
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Talking about the stereo sub outputs? They are actually 3) left main + surround + 1/2 center and right main + surround + 1/2 center. Specifically, from the manual (page 14):

Quote:
When the stereo switch is activated, the ICBM gathers all low bass from the right front, right surround, and one-half of the bass from the center channel and center surround channel and places it with the right subwoofer output. Conversely, everything from the left front, left surround, and one-half of the center and center surround are channeled to the left subwoofer output.

The subs themselves are typically located near the mains I believe, although nothing is stopping someone from locating them in the rear. Or for that matter locating four subs in the four corners of the room and using the left sub channel for the front and back left subs and the right sub channel for the front and back right subs...

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

Who's Online
0 registered (), 128 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts