It is because of my existing DVD-Audio and SACD use that I was willing to settle for the HD-A2 last summer and the BD30 last fall: the fact that neither can decode the new formats and output multichannel analog didn't matter, since I didn't plan to surrender the multichannel analog input to them anyway. Of course, I also made do with stereo analog output from DVD for the better part of two years before getting a receiver that gave me access to Dolby Digital and DTS. wink I chose the BD30 over the PS3 because it gave me an IR remote and a traditional standalone player (both of which are more wife friendly than a game console with a Bluetooth remote) without sacrificing performance (Blu-ray disc load times are very comparable between the two). At some point (probably close to spring 2009, although that's just my personal SWAG) I think there's some hope that we'll see one or two Blu-ray players that offer support for DVD-A and SACD.

I don't know that we'll see cable and satellite using DD+, TrueHD, or DTS-HD in the foreseeable future. DD+ is a "maybe" in my mind, as it may be able to compress a bit more efficiently, but both cable and satellite have bandwidth concerns that will make the bulk of a lossless multichannel format undesirable.